Hotwire Hotel: 2* Bedford Travelodge Bedford

takecareman
By takecareman,
in

Please start by following-up your previous Hotwire Hyannis hotel thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip, then reply here with the room rate per nite of the HOTWIRE offer above (it makes it easier for us to find the same property among the offers when we replicate your search).

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Also, I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Are you searching for something other than the default 1room/2adults/0children as this is what i'm seeing for the 2.5* hotel in this zone, for $51/nite, thru the EASY VIEW tab of BiddingHelper.com:

Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Complimentary Breakfast, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Laundry, Free Parking, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Pet Friendly

Are you still seeing the amenity set you previously posted immediately above?  Are you sure that one is in the Harrisburg EAST-Granville zone?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry for all the confusion. I was doing a search for 1 room/2adults/1children. So now changed it to the default and here are the amenities I get thru EASY view for 53 dollars (2.5 star)

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free breakfast, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Self-service laundry, Internet access, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking. 

Well let's stick with the occupancy that you actually need, especially given the 2adult/0children property does not seem to be very good.:wink:

However, i'm not seeing the original 2.5* hotel you described when searching for 2adults/1child in this zone for your dates... are you still seeing the original offer?

I've stayed in this area before, what is it that you're looking for in a hotel for this trip and what is your maximum budget (per nite before taxes/fees)?

23 minutes ago, takecareman said:

Nothing fancy...I am just looking for a decent hotel in a safe area with pool and free breakfast on my way to Pittsburgh

What would be your maximum budget (before fees/taxes) for something that met the above requirements?

It sound like your location isn't that important as this is a 'just passing thru' stay.

How about the La Quinta Inn Harrisburg Airport/Hershey... for $54/nite?

Hotel gets good reviews, free parking, and free breakfast the next morning before you're on your way to Pittsburgh.

Does this work for your needs?

I had to change my plan slightly by 1 day so now I am looking for check in on 5/27 and found this via the biddinghelper-hotwire easy view for the amenities I need. 2.5 stars and price shown is $72 through BiddingHelper.com

FULL AMENITIES: Free breakfast, Pet friendly, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Self-service laundry, Golf nearby, In-room accessibility

Any idea what this hotel is in CARLISLE?

This property has a 2.5/5.0 TA rating and a 25% recommendation by previous HOTWIRE guests... it's likely the Quality Inn Carlisle, but is something you really want to consider?

How about this 3* Harrisburg West hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $76/nite with:

Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Airport Shuttle, Free Internet, Free Parking, Business Center, Fitness Center, No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> best guess for this one would be the Park Inn By Radisson Harrisburg West, Pa

Does this work for your needs?

On 5/23/2016 at 1:15 PM, takecareman said:

2.5-star hotel in Harrisburg East - Grantville area. (6/26-6/27)

1 hour ago, takecareman said:

change my plan slightly by 1 day so now I am looking for check in on 5/27

I forgot you were looking for 2adults/1child, but let's back-up... are you looking for May or June, as there is a contradiction in your posts above.

I don't see anything at your desired price point and star rating that includes breakfast.

How old is your child... could s/he sleep on a rollaway or a couch in the room should you not be able to get a 'full' bed for him/her? (it can often be easier to deal with an 'undeclared' 3rd guest that is very young vs. if your 'child' is 16 years old and built like the starting linebacker for the high school football team.

Could you drive a little further this nite OR a end your drive a little earlier to perhaps find a nearby location that may have rates closer to your desired budget and amenities... this earlier nite is more expensive than the previous nite you were searching for.

I have a 9yr old and I can drive further or earlier...the idea is to take a break after driving for around 3 hours from princeton, nj area. If nothing else works I will book the 3 star you mentioned even if it's without breakfast as long as it has pool.

BTW, I looked in Gettysburg area and found a 3.5 star with following amenities for 65. Any idea what this is? and this is 2adult/1kid search.

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Is the property above actually in the Gettysburg EAST zone?

If so, as per the Hotwire Hotel List this would be a match for the Wyndham Gettysburg.

Let us know what you ultimately decide and how it goes.

Good luck!

Did you purchase the above thru PRICELINE, PRICELINE EXPRESS, HOTWIRE, or some other source?

If PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE, can you provide the amenities that were associated with this property and shown before your purchase?

Have a good trip.

I ended up booking through HOTWIRE and got a deal for $71/night in Bedford, PA Travelodge with the following amenities:

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free breakfast, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]