Priceline Hotel: Resort Orlando WDW Gaylord Palms Resort

Rick
By Rick,
in

I am glad I got this resort! :) I have been reading reviews on this hotel and they are all great!

I have been trying to get 3 nights in Orland with no luck. So I decided to split up my 3 nights and try to bid on two nights, the last two. I started at $65 and worked my way up to $85. I got the Gaylord Palms!

Now all I have to do is find a nice room for the 9th. But alt least our last two nights there will be in a great hotel for sure!

Glad to see part of the trip has worked out for you so far.

Is this in the WDW zone? Were you rejected for the entire stay at this price or was it your preference to bid these 2 nites separately from the 9th? (i think your previously reported bid went up to $70 or $75)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was just checking Hotwire for the individual date of the 9th and there is a 3.5* Hotwire offerering with quite a few amenities for $51.

The amenities lead me to believe that this property is either the Royal Plaza or the Renaissance World Gate (they both list the same amenities and star rating... of course there could be others).

If both of these are acceptable, you may want to try Hotwire for your one nite stay. I checked the address of each and i think they're both about a 10 minute drive from the Gaylord Palms.

Have you tried the individual nite on Priceline at all?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

This trick may be too later for you this time, but you, or others, may try it next time.

Here is the trick:

If you split two bids, for example, three nights into two bid, two nights plus one.

After got first bid,

You can call the Priceline, if the room is available; they can extend one night for you at your bidding price at the same hotel. You don

• 4 weeks later...

No need to call. You can do it online, though the link is buried somewhere in the help information. I suggest:

Click on `HELP'. In `Search by Topic' pane, choose `Hotel Rooms' as product and enter some meaningful search condition (e.g., `add nights' ).

The question in the help is `Can I add nights to my accepted hotel reservation?' There you will find a link to a page that will allow you to bid (at the same price) for additional nights.

Enjoy.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]