Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (SOMA - Moscone Center) Marriott San Francisco Marquis

oopsibiditagain
By oopsibiditagain,
in

My travel dates are June17-18, 2016 and I did the Priceline 4star express deal for $179 and got SF Marriott Hotel Marquis in SOMA. I don't know about the amenities.

My question is this: Do all/most Express Bids and NYOP default to chains like Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott?

I did the express bid on the SOMA area because there are so many independent hotels. While I am aware that I agreed to not know the hotel, I was disappointed that (yet again) I was awarded a chain. (I might've felt different if I was paying $110, as listed for this hotels NYOP on this site.) This is the 6th or 7th time I've gone through priceline and been awarded a chain. So why do I do express bid?;)Well, because of the times I was awarded independent hotels, they were amazing (4 or 5 star) and I guess I hold on to hope to get deals like that again. I don't travel very often, maybe 4-5 times a year, so when I get away, I really love an amazing hotel above all else. I am stuck with this hotel now, and am just wondering if it was beginners luck that placed me in awesome hotels in the past, or if there's something I can do?

Also, I know that NYOP there is no changing or cancelling, but is it as strict for Express Deals? Thanks for your input and advice!:)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Sorry to hear this wasn't the style of hotel that you were looking for in a hotel for this trip, but given that this property is currently selling for over $300 for this nite i think you received a very nice deal.  The chains are not always the ones that are awarded, it all comes down to what type of hotels are in a given area, as well as supply/demand and how willing each hotel is willing to offer a deeply discounted rate for the nite(s).

In the future feel free to ask the board for help before your purchase as we can usually take a good guess as to what it is that is being offered and try to steer you towards something that is more inline as to what you're looking for.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]