Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Loop) Hilton

websoccermom
By websoccermom,
in

The last report has the Palmer House Hilton showing without a pool, but prior to that report, it had the same exact amenities as mentioned above. We can't know for certain, but as nothing else has so far been seen with this combination of amenities, my best guess is that this is the Palmer House Hilton.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, I also noticed for the same dates a 4 star with restaurant, fitness and business center for 81. It also has a Best Value showing in the corner. Looking at the lists could it be the Hilton Chicago. If it is, what would be the best, the Palmer at 75 (3.5) or Hilton at 81 (4)?

I am taking my daughter to visit a college in chicago and there will be another couple with us. We will be free for a night or two while the girls are staying at the college. I want to make the most of that time.

Both Palmer House and Chicago Hilton are fine hotels. Palmer House is a somewhat better location for activities in the loop and close to the L. Chicago Hilton is on the far south side of Michigan Ave so most activity would be a long walk, though it's only about 3 blocks from the L.

Is there a reason you need to be in the Loop area? I'm seeing a 4* N. Michigan Ave/Water Tower/Gold Coast at $96. Could be Ambassador East or Drake or Westin... all are at least decent hotels, and then you'd be in a much better location for shopping.

So I guess the question is, what do you want to be doing with your nights off? And what college are you visiting? :)

We are visiting IIT.

We have decided to stay at the Hilton Chicago because I read quite a few reviews that complained about smaller beds and rooms at the Palmer. The other couple traveling with me prefers a larger room room because he is quite tall. The Hilton Chicago states that they have a free shuttle to Magnificent Mile. Hope I made a good choice.

The Hilton is listed as:

4 star hotel in Chicago Loop (Downtown Areas), 80.00 Amenities included - Dining, Pool, Exercise and Business Center.

(pool was not listed when I first looked at this a few days ago but it was there now.)

Thanks for the help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]