Minivan rental in Arizona (PHX) June 30 - July 16

GhostCanuck
By GhostCanuck,
in

Looking for a minivan for 16 days in Arizona, picking up and dropping off at Airport to accommodate 3 child seats.

Priceline is accepting a bid of $11 CDN a day for a total price of $470CDN all-in. My concern is the price is too good to be true.  But it says "Price guaranteed" and letting me putting in a CC number.

Is this legit and will I get a clean vehicle?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please post to the board in US Dollars so that all prices are consistent and not subject to interpretation based upon future currency fluctuations.

The page you're looking at is not a PRICELINE acceptance page, it is a page where PRICELINE is asking that you review your bid (to confirm dates, location, car size, name on the reservation, etc, etc) before they submit your bid for review.  In fact, at this point of the bidding process PRICELINE has not even checked inventory for your rental dates.

Do you have a current reservation for this rental?  If so, with who and for how much?

Using the CARS radio button of our BiddingHelper.com tool what is the best rate you're able to find for a minivan for this time period?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the reply - I'll ensure to use USD moving forward.

I do not presently have a reservation and still trying to find the best prices.  Crazy enough it's almost cheaper to rent two compact cars then a single minivan.

The best price I found on HOTWIRE is $1151 and $1265 PRICELINE retail and $1205 through Expedia.  What is the range, or floor price I should be trying to bid with?

8 hours ago, GhostCanuck said:

What is the range, or floor price I should be trying to bid with?

Given the regular rate pricing you're currently seeing, how much of a discount would you need to make locking in a non-refundable rental at this point in time?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]