Hotwire Hotel: 3* Chicago (Downtown Chicago - River North) Hyatt Place Chicago Downtown River North

bradymomof2
By bradymomof2,
in

Looking for a 3 1/2 or higher hotel downtown Chicago as we are taking my daughter to American Girl Place for her birthday, so we are hoping to stay in the Michigan Ave. area to be close to shopping. Here is what I am seeing for Hotwire Hot rates, any idea which hotels these would be and if the location would be good?

$141.00/night 3.5 star River North

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

$165.00/night 4.5 star Water Tower

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

$149.00/night 3 star River North 

FULL AMENITIES: Free breakfast, Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Business center, Internet access (ALL SUITES)

$180.00/night 4.5 star River North

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

I appreciate your help!

Welcome to Betterbidding.

When searching for 1a/1c, I'm seeing:

Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly (4.5, RN $180)

-- Possible James Hotel

Fitness, Complimentary Breakfast, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business  (3* RN, $149) 

-- Possible Hyatt Place RN

Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Pet Friendly (4.5* Water Tower, $171) 

-- Possible Thompson Chicago

Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower (4.5* WT, $165)

--- ?

Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower (3.5* RN $141)

--- Possible Holiday Inn Mart Plaza. I think this gets a bit too far away from where you want to be and the possible Hyatt Place - if the Hyatt Place - would be a more appealing option than this.

Are you looking for something in particular in terms of hotel? I'm very familiar with the city and would be happy to offer both hotel and city suggestions - let me know likes/dislikes.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Best guess/comments for each:

$141.00/night 3.5 star River North

--> Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza

$165.00/night 4.5 star Water Tower

--> Westin Michigan Ave, upgraded to the 4.5* level since it was last reported to the board, would be my best guess for this one

$149.00/night 3 star River North 

--> Hyatt Place Chicago

$180.00/night 4.5 star River North

--> James Hotel

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I decided to go with the 4.5* in Water Tower area, fingers crossed for the Westin Mich. Ave., however now the same listing has gone up from $165/night to $192/night. Hmm. Wondering if I should give it a day and check again tomorrow? The prices all went up over the last couple hours.

Unfortunately, there's no way to know. They may come down tomorrow but can also continue higher. I've stayed at that particular Westin and personally, wouldn't recommend it for that much money. While it is closer to American Girl, I'd rather the 3* River North $149 Fitness, Complimentary Breakfast, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business (possibly Hyatt Place RN) or 4.5* Water Tower $171 Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Pet Friendly (possible Thompson).

Are you searching for 2a/1c or 1a/1c?

Thank you for your input. Looks like that 4.5* Water Tower is now up to $188. Why am I not making decisions sooner? Ha!

Any ideas on a 4* River North $167? FULL AMENITIES: Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Sorry I am not sure what you mean by 2a/1c???

2 adults/1 child. Prices/options are going to be differ if searching for 1a/1c vs 2a/1c.

A 4* in the River North area with this amenity set (Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower) would be a possible match for the Hotel Chicago.

Congrats on your success.

I think you made a really excellent choice. This is a perfect, family-friendly option and a newer hotel, with plenty of restaurant options nearby in River North. Glad you are pleased with the win, as well.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]