Abitagirl
By Abitagirl,
in

7/29-8/1. Searched for 5 rooms. New Orleans Downtown

got this: 

Downtown/ Superdome area

Hotwire "hot rate" hotel 4 stars $113

92 walkability score 

free internet, business center, fitness center, pool(s), restaurant(s)

i am am hoping for Hyatt regency but not sure if this is it. Thoughts? 

Thank you! 

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for the 4 star hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

Free Internet

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

==> if this is what you're seeing, the Hyatt Regency has previously been seen with this amenity set so that would be my best guess guess for this one.  However, i will add that these amenities are fairly common for a 4* hotel in New Orleans and it could possibly be a different 4* hotel simply based upon their being nothing unique among the amenities (ie- as an example, the Renaissance Pere Marquette has been seen with a similar amenity set so that would be an additional possibility)

I'll add that i'm seeing some other good deals in this zone such as:

Omni Royal Crescent Hotel for $90/nite

Hyatt House New Orleans (likely) for $85/nite

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The amenities are pasted below- no mention of " high speed internet".

Do you think that rules out the Hyatt Regency? Particularly want that one as I am attending an event there. 

The 3 other hotels that come under 4 star search downtown all also have " boutique hotel" under amenities so I doubt they are Hyatt. 

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

17 minutes ago, Abitagirl said:

The amenities are pasted below- no mention of " high speed internet".

Internet Access = Hi-Speed Internet :wink:

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Armed with advice from this board, just booked on PRICELINE EXPRESS.

Searched 4 star Downtown NO.  a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal with amenities listed as: Internet, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, Fitness Center came up.

The Express rate listed was $114 per night but the current "BIGDEAL" promo code allowed 10% off,  for a nightly room rate of $103( before taxes and fees).

I was psyched when it DID indeed come up as Hyatt Regency, which is the hotel where we are all attending an event!

I called the Hyatt today and the lowest rate available for a room this weekend through the hotel (even booking multiple rooms) was $208, so we did REALLY well booking through PL

I also then immediately booked two additional rooms for the same weekend just two nights each -  7/30-8/1. The PE rate for the Sat-Mon was a few dollars more at $117 but again the "BIGDEAL" promo code was accepted and it comes out to $106.

:biggrin:Very excited, thank you for the advice and help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]