Priceline Hotel: Help with Cancun Hotel Booking

modi0125
By modi0125,
in

Hello,

I am looking for a 5 night trip in Cancun and saw this result with Priceline express deal:

Date=May 14-19, Adult=2, Room=1

3.5 Star Hotel in Cancun Hotel Zone - Convention Center Area for $124/night (saved 34% from $188)

Customer Rating: No ratings

Guaranteed Amenities: Restaurant, Airport Shuttle, Indoor or Outdoor Pool, All-Inclusive

I have 2 questions:

1. On the result page it says it is All-Inclusive in the Guaranteed Amenities but when I clicked in the Summary Page it does not show All-inclusive anymore. Is that just a common thing or I am not guaranteed to get All-inclusive package with this price?

2. Can you help ID this hotel for me?

Thank you for your help!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Yes, it will be an all-inclusive property... PRICELINE EXPRESS recently changed their interface and i suspect is no longer showing the all-inclusive amenity on the check-out page (but feel free to take a screenshot of the previous page showing that this offer is listed as All-Inclusive just in case you have any issues... although i don't think they will be any problems).  If you click on any other PRICELINE EXPRESS offers do you see the All-Inclusive listing for those on the check-out page either?

Unfortunately this property has not yet been reported to the board and i don't have any insight for this one.  I thought it might be the Barcelo Costa Cancun... but i have reason to doubt this one as being likely.

I would also be a little leery of any all-inclusive property that doesn't show/have a good user review rating since you'll most likely be on-site the entire time (and for me at least, the quality of the food and drinks would be important)... what is your maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes) for this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide for this trip or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

Thank you for the quick response, and the advice! 

I think you provide a great idea that the review is very important for AI resorts since I will be staying at hotel and enjoying most of the time there. So I tried to search on HotWire too and found some great deal with very good reviews, which made me more comfortable with. I decided to stay in non-AI hotel for the first 3 days when we go out for trips, and move to AI resort for the last 2 days and enjoy ourselves there.

I targeted 2 very nice deal on Hotwire, one for non AI and one for AI. I am not sure if I can post them here, or should I close this post first and put them in a new one? (if so, please advice the procedure). I would like to have your help for ID those two deals I found. Thanks again for your help.

Look forward to hearing back from you soon!

Post the new dates for the first part of your trip here along with the full details of the HOTWIRE offer (star rating, zone, room rate per nite, amenities assocaited with the property, etc)... then start a NEW TOPIC for the 2nd date range along with the details for that property.  This way we will easily keep both legs of your trip separate, not get confused between which hotels are for which dates, and once you make a purchase you can use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the top right corner of each thread to edit the topic title to reflect your win and provide the details of the purchase.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the clarification. Here is the 1st part of my trip (Hotwire):

Date=05/14 - 05/17 (3 nights) Adult=2 Room=1, Cancun Hotel Zone

Target (1):

4* South Hotel Zone area resort, $63 (55% off from $139).

Hotwire customer reviews: 80% recommended (151 total reviews)

TripAdvisor customer reviews: 4 out of 5 (2001+ reviews)

Complimentary:Free parking

Amenities:Beachfront hotel, Business center, Fitness center, Pet friendly Pool(s), Resort Restaurant(s), Self-service laundry

Target (2):

3.5* South Hotel Zone area resort, $58 (Selected 1 king bed room).

Hotwire customer reviews: 50% recommended (10 total reviews)

TripAdvisor customer reviews: none

Complimentary:Free Internet, Free parking

Amenities:Business center, Fitness centerPool(s), Restaurant(s), Smoke-free rooms

Please help to ID these two hotels. I will have a new post about 2nd part of my trip. Thanks again!

Please confirm the zone for each.

Also, I think there may be more amenities than you have included above. If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper tool and look in the EASY VIEW TAB, do you see additional amenities beyond those listed above? If so, please confirm the full amenity set and we would be happy to take a look.

9 hours ago, AaronJB said:

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper tool and look in the EASY VIEW TAB, do you see additional amenities beyond those listed above?

2x

Using the method above this is what i'm seeing for each:

4* South Hotel zone:

Resort, Beachfront, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Golf, Tennis, Spa, Childrens Activities, Free Parking, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly,

==> The Westin Resort and Spa Cancun would be my best guess for this one

3.5* South Hotel zone

--> i'm not seeing any 3.5* hotel in this zone at $58/nite, are you still seeing this on your own HOTWIRE search?  If so, please include the full amenity set associated with this property as per the method above

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]