Priceline Hotel: Need help finding 2-3.5* hotel in San Francisco in September

amirpo
By amirpo,
in

Hi guys,

As my title suggest, I need your help finding 2-3.5* hotel in San Francisco on September 15-19.

Prices are ridiculously high so I thought I could try to "name my own price" using Priceline.

On my last visit ti San Francisco I stayed at Travelodge By The Bay (2* star hotel on Lombard-Van Ness street) but now they are charging an average of 240$ per night!

Preferred areas: Marina-Lombard, Union square, Fisherman's wharf (I don't remember much about the other areas)

Looking forward for your help,

Amir Polansky

Please start by concluding your previous Priceline NYC thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip.... then reply here and we will have a look at rates for your trip above.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

For your San Francisco stay, to avoid any confusion, please list your acceptable zones by PRICELINE name (ie- does 'Union Square' include both Union Square East-Nob Hill and Union Square West or only one of these zones?

Also, are you willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel OR is the goal the least expensive hotel at your minimum star rating (did you want to first try for a 3* up to your limit and then if rejected re-try at the 2.5* level... or is the goal the least expensive 2.5* or better for this trip)

Have you done any bidding already?  If so, for which zones, star rating, and up to what bid amount?  So we don't suggest a strategy that goes higher than you're willing to pay, what is your maximum bid?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your response.

So I concluded my previous thread regarding my last stay in NYC. :)

My preferred zones by Priceline names are Marina - Lombard Street and Fisherman's wharf

I thought about staying at Union Square - East ,Union Square west, South Of Market - Moscone Center,  but a friend that lived in San Francisco said that these areas are adjacent to the infamous Tenderloin neighborhood and therefor not so safe to walk the streets at night.

I have done bidding already - for each of the zones mentioned above going up to 170$ (before taxes and fees) and i think it was for 2* hotels or higher.

I prefer to stay at 2-3* hotel/motel so i guess my answer is to get the least expensive hotel at 2-3* star rating. In these rates, don't you think it's better to make a reservation without bidding? I mean 20-30$ discount worth the non-cancellation policy? 

Amir    

You should stay wherever you feel comfortable, but other than the homeless asking for spare change, i know of no issues in the tenderloin district where there has been any actual violence, harm, etc.

How about this 2.5* Marina - Lombard St. hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $183/nite showing

Business Center

Free Internet

... my guess here would be the La Luna Inn at just a few more dollars than you have already bid.

I agree that a $20 discount may not be worth locking in a non-refundable rate at this point in time, but i don't think you have too many options at $200 or less either. (for example the La Luna Inn guessed above is priced at $254/nite for your dates).  You can explore what is available on a refundable basis using our sister site RefundableRates.com.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]