Priceline Hotel: Failed Bid Orlando Downtown

Rick
By Rick,
in

Hi, I tried to get a room for 3 nights in Downtown Orlando for a 4* Hotel. It said average price in the dwtn area is $108.

I started my first bid at $50. Then re-bid different zones all the way up to $70. No luck!

It should be noted that the downtown area is the only zone with a 4* hotel, so I was pretty much safe with all the remaining zones in thinking I would get the downtown area.

Oh well, I guess I will try again on Sat.

Travel i was trying to get was for Nov 9 -12

:)

:) Well I guess I escaped that one!

I will definfitely leave out Disney and Universal Zones next time! Although it wouldnt have been bad, I was hoping to get the Westin Bohemian downtown.

I had a friend get that one through Priceline about a month ago. Same situation. Only 4* Hotel in Orlando zones.

Thanks thereuare! :)

My pleasure to help.

Another tip...

If your friend checked the 'traditional' rate of booking direct (as we all do to see how much money we saved :) ) ask him what the rate was at the hotel's website. Then take a look at the Westin's website for your own dates and see if they're the same. If the rate for any of your dates is higher, then there is a good explanation for your rejection.

How much did your friend pay?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok this time, I didn't care whether it was a 4* or resort so I started from $60.00 and went up to $75 with the re-bids. Seeing how people were getting $63.00 nights at the WDW Wyndham I thought i could get that, but no luck!

I will try again later. Probly Sat.

I was using a different computer at work and it allowed me to bid. Common?

Thanks, hope this helps someone,, :)

The OP was finally successful by splitting his bid... the first nite purchased thru Hotwire, the last 2 nites purchased thru Priceline:

The first nite was bought on Hotwire and the results can be view in THIS POST.

The last 2 nites were purchased thru Priceline as seen in THIS POST.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]