Priceline Hotel: 2* Washington D.C. (Fairfax) Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks

chids
By chids,
in

I was just about to post (when you replied above) that your $65 target would not be enough.

Exactly what are 'all the nearby areas' that you have included in your bidding?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The areas that i selected were:Arlington, Capitol Hill, Crystal City, Downtown, Downtown White house, Dupont circle, Georgetown Foggy . Any suggestions? I saw a few entries with bid won @ 81...

BTW this is for 3.5 star only...not yet selected 3 star yet

Rates are date specific so it's not uncommon that you won't be able to replicate the same winning bid price that others have received, especially if demand (and therefore rates) for your dates are higher than when others have won for less.

Unfortunately i don't think your bids are in the right ballpark...

Use our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com to search within '10 miles of Washington DC' for your dates

Then use the filters on the left side of the page to select only 3* and higher rated hotels (or only select one star rating at a time if you'd like)

Then look at the prices on the map for the areas that you're bidding... rates at 3* hotels start at $300+ which would make your bids less than a third of prevailing rates, which does not give you a very good chance of success.

You can 'cast a wider net' on MAPS and HOTELS.com to see what area(s) have more 'normalized' hotel rates and use those areas to bid OR find something on the map that is within your budget and will work for your needs.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you ultimately decide to do for this stay or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, the dates were the reasons...I finally split it for 2 different slots, For the 12-14, i took the express deals, they had an offer for extended Stay @ Fairfax for 62$

For the 14-15, i bid at $91 & got the 3.5 star Washington Marriott Wardman Park. I am not sure which zone did i get this in though, but looks like a good one.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you figured out a way to make this work for your needs and budget.

To keep the board organized we will use separate threads for each win (as this allows each to have their own link in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins and PRICELINE maps)...

27 minutes ago, chids said:

For the 12-14, i took the express deals, they had an offer for extended Stay @ Fairfax for 62$

We have used this thread for this win and have edited your topic title accordingly... do you recall the amenities that PRICELINE EXPRESS associated with this hotel and showed prior to your purchase?

28 minutes ago, chids said:

For the 14-15, i bid at $91 & got the 3.5 star Washington Marriott Wardman Park.

Please start a NEW TOPIC for this win by using the SHARE YOUR WIN button on the top right corner of the page.  So you can enter in the topic title correctly, this property is in PRICELINE's Dupont Circle - Woodley Park zone.

Thanks.

PS- please also follow-up your previous NYC tri-state area hotel thread with whatever you ultimately decided to do for that trip.

Amenities at the fairfax hotel:

Free Breakfast

Free Internet (in Room)

Free Parking

Pet Friendly

Non-Smoking

Handicap Accessible

But this was no hidden hotel, I got this @ express & Extended stay was directly available - for a limited time. Not sure how it works

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]