Hotwire Hotel: Finding Old Town St Augustine

Orcrone
By Orcrone,
in

We're interested in booking a room in St. Augustine, Fl. We wish to stay in the historic district. This area is encompassed by the St Augustine Florida area on HOTWIRE. Unfortunately this area also heads 6.5 miles west, taking it just past I-95. Is there anyway to find a hotel that is actually in the historic district using HOTWIRE?

Please start by following-up your previous Hotwire San Pedro thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip, then reply here and we will have a look at your post above.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

In your reply for this trip, please also include your desired star rating, budget (per nite before taxes/fees), and the dates of your stay.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks. I had not followed up as we didn't book through PRICELINE or HOTWIRE, but I've entered that information now.

We're currently looking at staying in St. Augustine for three nights, from May 16 through the 19th, but our schedule is VERY flexible. Probably looking at around 2.5 * hotel. Hoping to keep it to $160 a night or less. Our main issue though is that we would like to stay in, or not far from the relatively small historical district. However, Hotwire only lists St. Augustine and St. Augustine beaches, with the historic district included as part of St. Augustine. The problem is that the St. Augustine area continues over 6 miles west to the interstate and I'd hate to stay at a place that is overlooking I-95 and have to drive in every day.

How about the Historic District zone on PRICELINE... is that geographically smaller?

I'm seeing this 3* Historic District hotel for $138/ntie with:

Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Restaurant, Free Internet, Free Parking, Business Center, Fitness Center

--> the Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites St Augustine Historic Dist. would be my guess for this one

or this 2.5* hotel for $80/nite with:

Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Free Breakfast, Free Internet, Business Center, Fitness Center

--> the Comfort Suites Saint Augustine Downtown would be my guess here

Do either of these work for your needs?

if not, you can search 1 mile from the centerpoint of where you would like to see using our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com and easily see your options that are within the area you would like to stay, and determine how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating OR to stay closer/further from your ideal location.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts (or how it goes if you take one of the linked hotels above) and we'll go from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

PRICELINE EXPRESS does list pet friendly on listings that offer it. Additionally, the detail page for those listings often offers detail on the exact pet policy.

Thank you for keeping us updated on what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Glad to see you found something that works for your needs.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]