Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Halifax Delta Barrington

caperdan
By caperdan,
in

Hey there!

I've been on this site many times and found it so helpful that I wanted to make an account.  Just like everyone else here, I'm looking for the absolute best for the least amount of money.  My girlfriend and I plan on going to Halifax either the weekend of April 2nd 2016 or April 9th 2016.  My plan is to book the hotel at the last minute (most likely the day before we leave).  Priceline has some good express deals for next day bookings however its always the gamble of which place you will get.

I noticed an older topic on this board where a person helped out by suggesting biddinghelper.com  The "Hotwire Easy View" has some good deals... however I'm wondering if there is a "cheat sheet" of which hotel they are referring too ?  It looks like if I go through Priceline for a 4*, the chances are high that you will end up at The Westin.  I'm not knocking the Westin at all, its a beautiful hotel with amazing beds.  However its kind of out of the way for me as I want to be within walking distance to some pubs and restaurants.  Therefore I'm looking for the Lord Nelson or the Marriott. 

In the older post I seen on this board, based on the amenities which included a "roll out shower" the person said the hotel is most likely The Lord Nelson.  Sure enough... it was!  Based on a second hotel listed the user said "This one is most likely The Westin".  So I guess what my question is, is there a cheat sheet of any sorts that could give small hints on what hotels Priceline and Hotwire are offering?  Any info would be appreciated.  I will be sure to update this topic once I book something and how I booked along with what I paid. 

And just as I hit "submit" on this topic, I end up seeing the "Hotel Lists" tab right at the top of the page clear as a bell.  lol.  Sorry, I answered my own question.  I will follow this guide that hopefully gives me clues that I'm bidding on the Lord Nelson or Marriott.  Thanks!

Welcome to Betterbidding.:biggrin:

Sharing any prior wins would be greatly appreciated, as the information does still help other users.

The lists do provide what has been reported to the board so far.

What you see now may not be what you see if you're booking last minute - and prices can certainly go up.

Please keep us updated on what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Hi there,

I've been trying to play with dates as I was hoping to get the Lord Nelson in the next couple of weeks.  Can anyone help tell me the best way to get this hotel for the best rate?  I want to make sure im booking the right hotel by the description.  I used Bidding Helper.com and use the Hotwire Express View.  It shows me (what I think is the Lord Nelson) for $68 U.S. because it lists an amenities as a "roll out shower".  I'm assuming this might be the Lord Nelson.  $68 U.S. doesn't seem like a great deal.  However when I click the price to continue booking, it takes me to a Hotwire page that says "We're Sorry but your request did not go through"  In fact none of the Easy View links works for me.  I entered the date for check in for today just to see if the price would be cheaper.  Is there anything else I can look out for to ensure I get the Lord Nelson?

Are your dates confirmed? The lists provide what hotels have been reported to the board, as well as the amenities that have been previously associated with each. What are the date/s of travel you are looking at for the listing in question?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

5 hours ago, caperdan said:

I'm looking to check in on April 15th and check out April 17th.  However my plan was to book it the day before or the day off because it may be cheaper.  At least I assume? 

Not necessarily. May be, could also be more expensive closer to the dates. The other thing is that we can ID a particular listing today that may not be there tomorrow or a week from now.

For 4/15-17, when searching on BiddingHelper.com and using Hotwire Easy View, I'm seeing a 4* in Halifax w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly.

-- This amenity set has been seen with the Lord Nelson, so that would be my guess.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

If you click on the listing on BiddingHelper.com and then click to buy that listing, are you getting that message on the next page? If so, is the listing with the same amenities still there on the next page?

No nothing is there.  When on bidding helper, I see the hotel with the amenities and price.  I click the price which opens a new window to Hotwire but that's where the error is.  I have to manually research it on hotwire because the price link from bidding helper (easy view) doesn't seem valid it when it transfers me over to hotwire to finish booking.  Regardless, I will book my hotel soon and update on what I did  Thank you for all your help

If you do get the error, try again via BiddingHelper.com. On the next page where you get the message if you do get the message again, the same listing should still be among the options.

Thank you for keeping us updated and let us know if you have additional questions.

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're pleased with the hotel and deal you received and are enjoying your stay.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]