Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Los Angeles (Beverly Hills -Century City) Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills

dss1085
By dss1085,
in

I've never used Priceline or Hotwire, but have heard that you can get some smoking deals on last minute hotels.  I am obviously a bit out from my travel date, but want to get a handle on the bidding process.  My trip details are as follows.

4* or better

Los Angeles -  1st - Venice/Santa Monica, 2nd -Marina Del Rey, 3rd - West Hollywood

4/22-4/24

$150

On or near the beach

Any info such as when I should place a bid, if I should use multiple zones, how much lower than my max $$ should I bid, etc., would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Dave

Welcome to Betterbidding.

In terms of bidding, you have to be willing to stay anywhere within the zone boundaries and star rating selected. There is no way to guarantee on/near the beach if one or more of the possibilities is not. If that is a necessity, I'd rather suggest using HOTWIRE and looking or a listing with beachfront/oceanfront as an amenity. A few weeks isn't too long away and I'd recommend starting to look for options now. Is near/on beach a must?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I don't think it's a necessity as it looks like most of the 4* hotels and up seem to be relatively close to the water, and the fact that Santa Monica isn't that big.  Is a 4* hotel in that zone doable in the $150 range?  I've searched the site and it seems that some people have gotten a room in that range and they all seem to be at Le Meridian Delfina.  Quite frankly, I haven't seen any one post winning bids in Santa Monica at any other hotels 4* and up.  Maybe that's the only one that's available for bidding and all the others are only available for retail. 

I will get a cancellable backup, but is it best to start the bidding process within 48hrs of the trip or will I have similar results if I try it now?

When I do book I will be sure to do it through the links that you provided.  Thanks for your help.

13 hours ago, dss1085 said:

I will get a cancellable backup

You can use our sister site RefundableRates.com which provides a really good interface to easily determine your best options in the area.

I don't think that $150 will be enough for a 4 star hotel at this point in time, but as per above, if your plans are firm i think you should start bidding now... with 4* hotels in this are for your dates starting at $300+, if you could be successful at $150 or less, why not lock in a deal at this point in time? (as it's also possible that deals currently available are gone closer to check-in... it's not always the case that rates get cheaper as you get closer to your travel dates)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you find for your back-up hotel and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

For help with the PRICELINE EXPRESS properties above please include the full amenity set that is associated with each?

Are you willing to expand your maximum budget beyond $150/nite at this point in time?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Here they are with amenities.

Beverly Hills/ Century city area hotel.  3.5* -  $158/night

pets, restaurant, pool, fitness center, non smoking

Brentwood/Westwood 4* - $188/night

Pets, restaurant ,pool, fitness center, business center, non smoking

West Hollywood 4* - $198/night

pets, restaurant, pool, fitness center, business center, free internet, non smoking

On 4/1/2016 at 11:38 PM, thereuare said:

Are you willing to expand your maximum budget beyond $150/nite at this point in time?

???

I'm currently seeing this 3.5* Beverly Hills - Century City hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) with the amenities above for $153/nite... my guess for this one would be the Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills.

For the other two properties, i'm seeing hotels with different amenities sets and both are $200/nite.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Congratulations on your success!

Nice to see you received the hotel guessed and that you're pleased with the results, especially given this high-demand weekend.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win helping us add this amenity set for the Priceline Express Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]