Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Downtown Chicago - River North) The Gwen, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Chicago

trs
By trs,
in

I need to take a last minute trip to downtown Chicago next week for 2 adults and 2 children. Some insight on these hotels would be great. Thanks!

41/2 * $97 RN- thinking possibly The Gwen but didn't see this amenity set listed

FULL AMENITIES: Free breakfast, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

4 1/2* $93 RN-

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

4 * WT $64-

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

41/2* $92 WT-

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services

4* $110 RN

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access, Spa services

41/2* $137 RN

FULL AMENITIES: Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

Would like to keep it around $100ish a night and hoping to book today. I am sticking with hotwire since I need a room for 4. Was hoping for the Omni since the rooms are larger with 4 people, but any suggestions for hotels with larger rooms that may be one of these would be great!

Thanks!

To help narrow the field... what is it that you're looking for in a hotel for this stay?

What aspects are most important to you for this trip: price, location, user reviews, star rating, amenities, etc?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm seeing:

4.5* Downtown-RN $97 Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Complimentary Breakfast, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Pet Friendly

-- Not yet ID'd/reported. Possibly an upgraded Kinzie Hotel? In any instance, a 4.5* for $97 on these dates with breakfast for all of the people in the party is a highly compelling value. Additionally, as someone very familiar with the city, I'd personally much rather stay in River North than right on Michigan Ave. Plus, there's a 4.5/5 tripadvisor rating on the detail page.

4.5* Downtown-RN $93 Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

-- James. Still, for $4 more to me it makes much more sense to get something that offers breakfast, especially when you have a party of 4.

4* Downtown-RN $105 Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Spa

-- Likely Godfrey. I liked this property a great deal when I stayed there last year, but the one potential downside is that they have a bar with a retractable roof on the 4th floor. If you can call and lock in a higher floor, good pick. Still, goes back to the first listing being a better value, offering breakfast for less.

4* Water Tower $94 Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower

-- Likely Knickerbocker. The other options are more appealing. 

Again, to me, the idea of the 4.5* for $97 in River North that has breakfast for everyone + River North location vs the other options wins out for value and location. While Chicago has a tremendous array of great breakfast places, breakfast for 2 adults and 2 children definitely costs and if you can get free breakfast at the hotel, that's a real added value beyond what is already a very good price. So, for me, the 4.5* River North for $97 w/breakfast is really an easy pick.

Please keep us updated on what you decide.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thank you for all the help. I ended up going for the RN for $97. It was The Gwen but a new amenity set then the one listed here on the hotwire list. I was very tempted with the Godfrey because I have heard great things about it, but I agree with the breakfast included it made it a very appealing option.

Congrats on your success.

Awesome win for this property! Definitely a great price and the location couldn't be any better. Breakfast must be recent addition to this property.

Thanks for letting us know about the change in amenity set for this HOTWIRE property so that we can update the site's Hotwire Hotel List.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're pleased with the hotel and deal you received and are looking forward to your trip.

I don't see any information where The Gwen offers free breakfast, to confirm, the amenity set for the one you purchase was (you can still view this using the MY ACCOUNT >> MY TRIPS link on the top right of the HOTWIRE home page):

Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Complimentary Breakfast, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Pet Friendly

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this new amenity set to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]