Hotwire Hotel: Downtown Chicago bidding help

aldergap30
By aldergap30,
in

Thanks in advance for assistance. Trying to book a weekend getaway in Chicago for mid-April. My go-to is Priceline but I'm looking for one room for 3 adults so I must use Hotwire (and it's my first time). Would like to stay in best area downtown for walking/public transit and best sight-seeing.  Here are my options I'm considering, and I appreciate any feedback or recommendations you can offer a first-time visitor:

$166/night 4.5 stars Downtown Chicago - River North are hotel 

Free internet, free breakfast, pet friendly, biz center, boutique, fitness center, restaurant(s), smoke-free rooms

$163 4 stars Water Tower area
Biz center, boutique, internet access, restaurant(s)

$171 4 stars River north Area Boutique

free internet, spa services. restaurant(s), boutique, fitness center, smoke-free rooms

$170 4 stars Mag Mile - Water Tower (new to Hotwire)

Biz center, restaurant(s), boutique hotel, golf nearby, internet access, fitness center

$163 3.5 stars Downtown Chicago - River north boutique hotel

Biz center, boutique, internet access

Welcome to BetterBidding!

So we can replicate your search, please include the date(s) of your stay.

Also, to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set associated with each offer, please search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com took and click the green 'SEE ALL AMENITIES' button to copy/paste the amenity set for each offer.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

38 minutes ago, thereuare said:

Also, to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set associated with each offer, please search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com took and click the green 'SEE ALL AMENITIES' button to copy/paste the amenity set for each offer.

2x

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

April 15-18

$187/night 4.5 stars Mag Mile -Water Tower

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

FULL AMENITIES: Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

$166 4.5 stars Downtown - River North

FULL AMENITIES: Free breakfast, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

$162 4.5 stars Mag Mile - Water Tower 

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Spa services

$151 4 star Theater Loop

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

Best guess/comments for each:

$187/night 4.5 stars Mag Mile -Water Tower

==> no guess (there are matches but i see reasons that negate my guess... AaronJB may have some better insight)

==> not seeing this on a current search, but if you are, the Millennium Knickerbocker would be my guess

$166 4.5 stars Downtown - River North

==> not seeing this one on a current search

$162 4.5 stars Mag Mile - Water Tower 

==> W Chicago Lakeshore

$151 4 star Theater Loop

==> Club Quarters Wacker at Michigan

Here are some other options (confirm all dates on the landing pages) with my best guess for each:

4.5* Mag Mile - Gold Coast (Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Business Center, Fitness Center) for $92/nite ==> Intercontinental Chicago

4* Mag Mile - Gold Coast (Pets Allowed, Business Center) for $105/nite ==> The Drake

4.5* Downtown - River Walk (Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Business Center) for $146/nite ==> Monaco or Radisson Blu, i'd slightly favor this one being the Monaco, but regardless of which this one is, both are very highly rated and should provide for an excellent stay

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

I think a main view that I have with the city is that while Michigan Ave is fun to browse around, much of it consists of things you can find elsewhere cheaper. River North (restaurants), museums, Lincoln Park and Chinatown are other areas I'd recommend. The River North area is definitely an area I'd prefer to stay, as is the area by the river. 

When I search for these dates, I'm seeing:

4.5* WT  Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Restaurant(s), Internet access  $145

-- Possible match for the Ivy.

4.5* WT Boutique, Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Spa, Pet Friendly $131

-- possible W Lakeshore

4.5* Mag Mile-RN Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly $88

--- Likely Intercontinental

4.5* Downtown-Riverfront Restaurant, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Spa $153

-- May be the Virgin.

I'm not seeing the 4.5* for $187, but I think at that point, you could likely bid for a 5* on PRICELINE in the $170-190 neighborhood and potentially get a win.

Let us know your thoughts and if you have any questions before bidding/booking.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]