Hotwire Hotel: 4* Orange County (Huntington Beach) Shorebreak Hotel

Dianac7
By Dianac7,
in

Hi, 

I have done a bit of research, but I feel like I am floundering lol

We are going to be in the Orange county area (Huntington Beach Zone 10?)) 3/20-27/16

I would love to score a stay at Hyatt or Hilton. There are 4 of us so I have been bidding on 2 rooms, I am wondering if I should decrease the length of my stay? 

I could stay in one place for 3 nights and another for 4.  I am open to staying in another city for some of the stay, but we want beachfront for the majority. 

Right now there is a 4 star for $282 with 

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

Non Smoking

choice of beds: 

$282 per night King Bed

$345 per night1 King Bed

$599 per night Suite

So I either need to get it down to around $100/night and do 2 rooms, OR I guess not do priceline? 

I tried hotwire, but it is over $300...

Thank you for any help you can offer! 

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you reduce your stay to 3 or 4 nites does anything in this area appear within your budget?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Did the price go up regardless of whether you booked the first 3/4 nites or the last 3/4 nites?

As it doesn't appear that anything above would be within your desired budget, what is your game plan... are you able to increase your budget, lower your star rating, or find something that meets your needs in a nearby zone?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am able to increase my budget yes. I have been searching for a few days now, and it doesn't seem to have any pattern Some days one hotel pops on and some days another. The particular hotel I was looking at is now gone, and another one has come up. 

I am using the bidding helper, Hotwire easy view. 

$212/night Huntington Beach 4* 

Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

I am pretty sure that this is the Kimpton shorebreak, since it is the only 4* without a pool. 

Do you think that I am correct? 

Another question that I have is, If I book with Hotwire 2 adults, 2 kids, then there will be enough beds for all of us? Or is it possible that there is some crappy roll away bed they stick in there? 

There is another hotel for $361

I am wondering if it is a bigger room in the hyatt Huntington Beach? 

4.5* 

Free Internet, Resort, Near beach, Oceanfront hotel, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services, Children's activities

The only thing is that is the regular price I got when I called Hyatt today($376) But this one says it is original $605--or does that not mean any thing? 

Thank  you again for all your help. 

I am only using links from BB :)

28 minutes ago, Dianac7 said:

$212/night Huntington Beach 4* 

Agree... best guess would be the

18 minutes ago, Dianac7 said:

Another question that I have is, If I book with Hotwire 2 adults, 2 kids, then there will be enough beds for all of us?

HOTWIRE guarantees sleeping accommodations for everyone that you include in your search.  This often means two beds in the room, but the second 'bed' could be a pullout sofabed, rollaway brought into the room, etc.  Don't expect a larger room as a result of searching for 2adults/2children, but it does minimize the chances of getting a room with only one bed in it (especially in places like NYC where many rooms don't have sofabeds, are too small to accommodate a rollaway, etc)

21 minutes ago, Dianac7 said:

Free Internet, Resort, Near beach, Oceanfront hotel, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services, Children's activities

My guess here would be the Hyatt.  The strikeout price shown by HOTWIRE is an average price of hotels of this star rating in the zone... not necessarily the price of the underlying hotel currently being offered.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

I was able to get the Kimpton, Shorebreak Hotel for $216.00/night via Hotwire.

3/23-26 3 nights. For a total of 790.51 including taxes. 

I really wish that I could've bid, or used priceline because that same hotel was $165 on Priceline express. But since we are 4 people that just wouldn't work. 

Thank you for all your help! 

Do I need to post this win somewhere else? 

Amenities: 

Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

If you are going to book this hotel, play with your dates. The price keeps varying around $30. I booked this morning for the $216 and now at 1:40pm it has dropped to $181. 

I am thinking about adding another night. 

I used the BiddingHelper.com link on this site! So great to have this tool!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]