Priceline Hotel: 4* Orange County (Newport Beach) Fairmont Newport Beach

Noela
By Noela,
in

Hello,

I will be attending a conference which will be held in Marriott Newport Beach Hotel and Spa, a 4* property in Newport Beach, CA.  Ideally, I would love to stay in the hotel.

I realized that it is the only 4* hotel available via Priceline's Hotel list available on the forum here (Zone 17).  So, if i filter out all the other 4* hotels in the area, will I increase my chances of landing this hotel through the use of the many rebid zones (1,2,3,4, 6, 9, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 19, 20)?

What bidding strategy will you suggest ... my specific needs are:

• Star rating: 4*
  • City/Zone: Newport Beach-Zone 17
  • Date: April 6 - 9
  • Room Rate:   About $100/night.

Thanks - Noela

The lists offer what has been reported to the board. New hotels are reported (or changes in zone or star rating) all the time. 

Are you okay with the possibility of getting a different 4* in the zone?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

There are definitely other 4* hotels in this zone other than the Marriott.

As well, with the regular retail rates at the Marriott starting at $240/nite, a winning bid of $100 for this property does not seem like a high probability bet.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed (if this is the only acceptable hotel, if you're open to other properties at a discounted rate, if you'd like to increase your maximum bid price, etc) and we'll take it from there.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

PS- the Priceline Hotel List will be updated by the end of today to coincide with the new zone names and boundaries, as per recent changes at PRICELINE.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Certainly, a different 3.5* to 4* in the same zone, and hopefully closer to the conference site would be acceptable. 

So, Thereuare, would it be better to wait until the update is done before trying to bid ? And will you communicate to the list that the update has been completed ?

thanks - Noela

The Priceline Hotel List has been upgraded.

I am currently seeing the following:

4* Newport Beach for $102/nite with:

Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Airport Shuttle, Business Center, Fitness Center

==> best guess for this one would be the Fairmont Newport Beach

3.5* Newport Beach for $112/nite with:

Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Restaurant, Airport Shuttle, Free Internet, Free Parking, Business Center, Fitness Center

==> the Radisson Hotel Newport Beach would be my guess here

Do either of these get you close enough to your needed location that you would take it thru PRICELINE EXPRESS OR do you want to try bidding for any hotel in the zone?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare,

Thanks very much for the update. 

I think the 4* Fairmont is close to what I would want though it is about 30 mins away by bus or 15 by car, but still manageable. So, I will want to try my hand at a bid, and if that doesn't work, then will go for the Fairmont Newport.

So, please give me an idea of a bidding strategy up to $110/night for a 4*

p/s: it is interesting that the 3.5* PRICELINE EXPRESS property is more expensive than the 4*.  

rgds, Noela

When bidding 4* in this region you have TWELVE re-bid zones.  If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Newport Beach...
Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Thereuare,  thanks very much,  I went through the bidding process and got the Fairmont, with a bid of $100.

2 Nights total for $200, and with taxes, paid $239.58.

Thanks very much for your support.  

rgds, MN

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you saved a few dollars and that you're pleased with the outcome... we're happy to have helped!

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]