Priceline Hotel: 3* or 3.5* or 4* hotel in Jersey City, Hoboken, waterfront

holypiston
By holypiston,
in

Hi,

This is my first time in the US and the price for the hotel in Manhattan are comparatively higher than where I am from (Thailand) and also, for some reason, for the period that I am staying.

I have therefore shifted my search to jersey city, near the waterfront with the hope of having a nice hotel for possibly lesser price. The thing is I am staying from 17 to 20 March and another friend will join me from 19 to 20 March. 

Therefore, I would like to get an idea of a "Name your own price" for 3* or 3.5* hotel or 4* hotel on priceline that would be acceptable for those dates for 3*,  4* and 3.5* offering. Also, an idea of what hotel I will get. I presume that 4 star will be either westin or Hyatt Regency, but I am not sure yet with 3.5 Star (i presume Double tree) and 3* (Is it courtyard by marriott? Any other). I myself prefer that the hotel is near a metro station or PATH station and if 1 of the class can have hotel far away from a subway, please advise also so that I would avoid it.

Also, if I make two seperate booking on name your own price for the same class hotel, do you think I will get the same hotel for the two booking (1 from 17-20 March and other for 19-20 March) and which star rating should I book to have a better chance of getting the same hotel?

Also, if you believe that hotwire is better, please advise. 

Thank you very much for all the help.

-Holypiston

Welcome to BetterBidding!

When bidding on PRICELINE you have to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you bid... there is no way to target, avoid, or guess the property that you may receive.  If you want to have a guess as to the property you would need to use PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE.

When you make two separate purchases you could receive a different hotel for each one (especially when the dates are different such as your scenario above).  There are some techniques you can use with PRICELINE EXPRESS and HOTWIRE to increase your chances of receiving the same property, but still no guarantees.  Also, since you mentioned hotel rates took you a bit by surprise, note that PRICELINE EXPRESS and HOTWIRE will usually cost you slightly more than bidding, but you do know a little more about the hotel (reviews, amenities, etc) so that is why it comes with a slightly higher cost.

I'm very familiar with this area, to get started, what is your expected budget per nite (before fees/taxes) for this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have a hotel in Corona booked for 115 USD before tax. So anything below that is good. I would just cross my fingers and hope it's near the subway. A suggestion of class of hotel that would be giving me a good shot of subway access would be nice.

As for the priceline express hotel, do you have any idea which hotel it is for this time period?

Thanks.

What is the hotel in Corona you have as a back-up?

I don't see details above for any PRICELINE EXPRESS hotel, what offer is it that you're referring to?

How about this 4* Downtown - Wall Street hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $122/nite with Restaurant, Business Center, Fitness Center

==> my guess for this one would be the World Center Hotel, and while $7/nite more than your back-up hotel, certainly staying directly in Manhattan would be worth more than $7/nite vs. staying in Corona

Does this one work for your needs and budget?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts or how it goes if you take the above.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The backup hotel is Corona hotel.

Also, the world center hotel or the 4* star hotel in wall Street area is now 145 USD. 

Do you recommend I bid? I think it's OK if we get different hotel for the two rooms. We are going on different dates anyway.

Thanks for the help.

I checked for her that the recommended 4* wall Street hotel is 145 USD per night for 17-20, 140 USD per night for 17-19 and 126 USD for 19-20 March. 

As I have to book two rooms anyway on 19th, do you think it make sense to book one room for 17-19 and 2 room from 19-20 March and hope it's the same hotel.

Or do you think I can get a better deal bidding?

Thanks.

With your date scenario above you have two choices:

ONE:

Book one room 3/17-3/19

Book two rooms 3/19-3/20

==> this ensures that you will both be at the same hotel for the nite of 3/19, but you may need to change hotels mid-trip

TWO:

Book one room 3/17-3/20

Book one room 3/19-3/20

==> this ensures that you won't have to change hotels mid-trip, but you and your friend may be at different hotels

What is more important... that you don't have to change hotels, that your both at the same hotel, or neither of these and the absolute lowest price regardless of the need to change hotels or being at separate properties?

Are the prices above ($125-$145 depending upon dates) acceptable to you in order to stay in Manhattan?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]