Priceline Hotel: 2* artesia-la mirada- la Palma bidding help

Lescont01
By Lescont01,
in

I am thinking of bidding on a 2* hotel in the area of atersia/la mirada/la Palma area for the dates of March 12 checking out March 14. I want to bid as low as possible looking to stay under $50 a night. I was wondering if somebody can help me determine if this is likely and is it likely to be the days inn that is listed as only 2* hotel in that area? Any help would be great. Thanx

Welcome to BetterBidding!

When bidding on PRICELINE you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating or higher that you choose.  The star rating you select is the minimum you're willing to accept and you could be upgraded to a higher rated hotel.  As well, as per the message at the top of every Hotel List, the lists only contain hotels that have been reported to the board, and there could always be new hotels recently added to the system or upgraded/downgraded since last reported.

Are you willing to accept any hotel at the 2* level or higher...or are you only willing to accept the Days Inn?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't have a problem accepting any 2* hotel in that area. I am just trying to have an idea of what I might get. I have kids and don't want to get stuck with a dirty hotel. The most important thing is the price. I don't want to pay more than $50 per night as we are spending 2 nights in the Knott's Berry area than driving up the coast and possibly down to San Diego. I just seen that the days inn was the only one listed with the stars I requested in that area. 

Keep i mind that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request. If this is not a risk you're willing to accept, HOTWIRE would still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (although this usually means two beds, the second 'bed' could be a sofabed, rollaway, etc)

Unfortunately you have no re-bid zones when bidding 2* in this area so you can only make one bid ever 2 hours... i would suggest starting at $35 and if rejected try again ever two hours with the following bid amounts: $38, $40, $43, $45, $48, $50

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and start your bids with the PRICELINE links here on the board (and not the links in any emails that PRICELINE may send letting you know that you're eligible to bid again)

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the lower right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

Best guess for the one above would be the Quality Inn Artesia, but i would proceed with caution given the 2.5/5.0 TA rating, which is somewhat low.

What exactly are your needs for this leg of your trip?  Given the hotel above is priced at $69/nite, are you now willing to pay over your previous maximum budget of $50?

What about the same travel info but a 2* price line express deal for North Huntington Beach/fountain valley/Westminster area for $60 

2-Star hotel in the Huntington Beach North - Fountain Valley - Westminster Area

Your room: 1 Queen Bed - Nonsmoking Standard Studio - Breakfast, Free Wifi

Amenities: Pet Friendly, Free Parking, Internet, Free Breakfast

Guest Score: 7+ 

Any ideas on likely hotels

The Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach would be my guess for this PRICELINE EXPRESS offer.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]