Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (West Village - Meatpacking - NYU) The Jade Hotel

Bonwah
By Bonwah,
in

Hi Friends,

Been awhile since I visited Better Bidding; great to see it in such lively shape.

I'm looking into Hotwire hotels in Manhattan for five days in May. (Using the Better Bidding tool, of course!) I'd like to stay in the lower part of the city -- the Greenwich Village area in particular. But while Hotwire has areas named "Meatpacking - Greenwich Village" and "Union Square - Flatiron", neither of those areas appear on Better Bidding's list. Does anyone know the correct Better Bidding geo-area to use when trying to judge which hotels I might be seeing in those areas?

Thanks!

The region was recently reconfigured with new zones, names, and boundaries.  We have been busy with a few other board projects so have not yet been able to update the hotel lists to reflect the new zones/boundaries.  There are a few regions in this situation and in a few weeks we will start the process of updating them all (likely starting with largest cities first and then to smaller areas), but in the meantime, just post the details (dates, star rating, zone, and amenities) associated with the offer you're interested in and we'll have a look.

I'm very familiar with NYC and i will note that there are very few hotels in Greenwich Village, so if you are successful, it will most likely be near, but outside of, what is generally considered to be "the Village".

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ah -- that explains it, thanks!

I'm drawn to a 4.5-star Chelsea hotel that is much cheaper than other options this trip: $223/night. "Free Internet, Airport shuttle, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access" per your bidding helper. Is this likely the Eventi? It's the only 4.5 I see in Chelsea.

But in my preferred area, I'm looking at 4.5 stars, Meatpacking - West Village, $302/night, "Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, In-room accessibility." 

As a backup, 4.0 stars, Flatiron - Union Square, $250/night, "Free Internet, Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, Accessible parking."

Hope that's not too much. Thanks for any insights you have.

What are the dates of your stay and your maximum budget (per nite before taxes/fees) for this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm not sure of the 4.5 star Chelsea property, and while the Eventi is possible, i have nothing that indicates that this hotel would be likely... the new INNSIDE New York NoMad would be my guess, but i'm far from certain.

How about this 4* West Village - Meatpacking - NYC hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $301/nite with Restaurant, Airport Shuttle, Free Internet, Business Center, Fitness Center for $301/nite... my guess for this one would be The Jade Hotel Greenwich Village.  Assuming our guess is correct, this looks like it's in a good location for you, and the property gets very good reviews.  This may be the same one as the HOTWIRE is offering above, but even though the room rates are very close, the offer linked above is significantly cheaper on an all-in basis.

Your thoughts?

It may or may not be offered in a few days. :wink:

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.

One last question: I've been dragging my feet on the Jade for those 5/3-5/8 dates (though your guess seems to be confirmed by their pricing for queen bed vs. two twin beds, which matches the offerings on the Jade website).

I'm now also seeing on Hotwire a comparably-priced 4.5 star "Meatpacking - Greenwich Village area boutique hotel" with a 95% rating from Hotwire users. With:

Boutique hotel / Business center / Fitness center / Internet access / Pet friendly Pool(s) / Restaurant(s) / Smoke-free rooms / In-room accessibility

Any guesses on this one before I jump one way or the other?

My guess for this HOTWIRE Meatpacking - Greenwich Village hotel would be the Dream Downtown.

Let us know what you ultimately decide and how it goes.

Good luck!

This turned out to be the hotel the Better Bidding guru thought: the Jade Hotel NYC. (Thanks!) Reviews are good but not great, but the price was pretty reasonable for this (apparently) very expensive weekend in NYC.  I waited about 10 days to actually commit, during which time the room rates went up from $301/night to $318/night.

I used PRICELINE EXPRESS (using the BB link, of course!). I chose the 4-star hotel and it was, indeed, the Jade NYC, at $318/night.  I waited about 10 days to make sure of my dates, so I don't really regret the rise in price from the original $301. 

The Dream NYC looks pleasant enough, but its reputation as a party hotel put me off.

$318/night was more than I was expecting to pay, but this seems to be a very expensive weekend in NYC; whether that's the start of tourist season or college graduations or whatever. 

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see it was the hotel you were hoping for and that you're happy with the results.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us confirm and add this property to the Priceline Express Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

• 2 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]