Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Hartford (Rocky Hill) Sheraton Hartford South Hotel

allybunnie
By allybunnie,
in

Hi

Can anyone supply a bidding strategy for 3.5* Rocky Hill for 1 night - I only want to use the free "re-bid" zones that have only a 2.5* or below (as of right now I see 4) - I really am attempting to win the Sheraton Hartford South in Rocky Hill - I know it is very nice. I do not want to end up with anything in Cromwell, as I know the hotel that people have won (the 3.5* is NOT a nice hotel - been there...& it has gone downhill!!)

I have some time to play with this, as its not until May, so lets use max bid of $50.00, I can always adjust the max dollar amount on my own if I go awhile with no success

Thank you

With the FOUR re-bid zones you're willing to use you can bid as follows:

Select 3.5* Rocky Hill...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $43, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $48, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $50

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi - Not sure if I should put this with my thread started on PRICELINE bidding strategy help as it is for the same stay...may jump on one of these instead of "bidding" on 3.5* in Rocky Hill...found these on the bidding helper link HOTWIRE easy view if anyone can help identify - 

Hartford - East Hartford (this one does not show on easy view...just on HOTWIRE) 2.5* 90% recommend  57.00

Free parkingFree breakfastFree InternetFitness centerPool(s)Business centerSelf-service laundryGolf nearby

Hartford - East Hartford 2* 65.00 100% recommend - got rating of 5/5!!

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free breakfast, Fitness center, Business center, Self-service laundry

Wethersfield - Rocky Hill - Cromwell - 3.5* 66.00 96% recommend

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Thank you!!

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the lower right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

With your previous maximum bid at $50 for a 3.5* property are you now willing to pay more than this for a lower rated hotel at this point in time?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

actually tried bidding on this as a last minute stay for tonight!!...I am almost positive this Sheraton Hartford South in Rocky Hill is the same one that comes up on HOTWIRE...tonight it was listed there for 67.00...tried bidding on PRICELINE adjusting my bids higher than the 50.00....ended @ 66.00 which I thought for sure would go thru...rejected.....had gotten the message @bid #2 (44.00) that if I upped my bid 33.00 I could "win" the hotel...in the past I have won by upping the bid "some", but not the full "amount" they wanted...didnt work this time...

Yes...still would like this for 5/8...again, I am almost positive this hotel is showing on HOTWIRE for 66.00 - tried bidding on PRICELINE with this revised bidding strategy upping the max bid amount

Select 3.5* Rocky Hill...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $56, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $61

no luck - I thought maybe this might work seeing as to how its on HOTWIRE for 66.00, but no go...should I keep trying? I thought PRICELINE accepted bids are usually a little less than HOTWIRE? perhaps I am wrong on this...

The Sheraton Hartford South is selling for $135/nite for your dates... even the $66/nite HOTWIRE rate would be less than half of prevailing rates.  If this is the hotel you want and are trying to target, why risk it disappearing entirely over $5 for a one nite stay, when it's already a great deal at less than half off?

Don't lose sight of the forest before the trees (or however that saying goes)... at the end of the day does it really matter if if you can get a $135/nite hotel for $61 or $66; either would still be quite desirable, imo.

I would either increase your bidding up to the HOTWIRE rate or just take the HOTWIRE hotel... maybe it could go a little cheaper, but on the flipside it could go a lot higher.

Let us know whatever you decide and how it goes.

Good luck.

Silly to bid when my adjusted pricing was so close to the HOTWIRE price!! Clicked thru the HOTWIRE link...

Sheraton Hartford South Rocky Hill 66.00 5/8

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Exactly what we wanted & a great price!! Thank you again for this great site and your help!!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for... at less than half of prevailing rates this is a great deal.

I stayed at this hotel a few years back (took my daughter to a Michigan vs. UConn Football game... we don't get too many opportunities to see our wolverines play here on the east coast!) and although we weren't there for long, we did explore the hotel a bit and it was very well maintained and clean.  All staff we encountered were very nice and we enjoyed your (brief) stay.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Have a great trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]