Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Seattle (Downtown - Pike Place - Retail District - Convention Center) Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Broadway

swiftSF
By swiftSF,
in

Room price:    $109.00/night
Number of rooms:    1 room
Number of nights:    3 nights
Room subtotal:    $327.00
Taxes & fees:    $76.23
Total charged today:    $403.23

cheapest hotel rate: $507

Amenities on Express page:

Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center

Amenities after booking include

Free internet - in public areas!!

PRICELINE continues its descent... yet again inaccurate amenities.

I used your PRICELINE link to book!

Congrats on your success. :)

Excellent win for this property and hope you are looking forward to your stay.

Thank you for letting us know about this new PRICELINE EXPRESS property so that we can update the site's Priceline Hotel List.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

21 minutes ago, swiftSF said:

... yet again inaccurate amenities.

Internet access is free throughout this entire hotel, so i don't think any of the amenities are inaccurate.

If you're referring to the fact that it states that Internet is free in public area, when in actuality it is also free in the rooms, this really isn't inaccurate as the internet is indeed free in public spaces (they just didn't mention anything about internet in the rooms).  Keep in mind that PRICELINE is only displaying the information given to them by the hotel, so if any data is missing or inaccurate, the issue is more likely with the data supplied by the hotel, not thru poor research on PRICELINE's part.

This hotel gets excellent reviews so hopefully it will be a very nice stay.

Thanks again for sharing your win and using the BetterBidding PRICELINE link for your purchase.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Typically hotels have either free internet everywhere or just free in the public spaces - that's what made me concerned the phrasing implies no free internet in the rooms.

I am aware this information is provided by the hotel, but in the past I had experience where very similar differences existed, and Priceline customer service refused to take any responsibility for the discrepancy or offer any resolution.

Last year I booked with Priceline a hotel that said "free internet" but upon arrival realized the free internet did not work, and the only way to actually connect to the internet is pay for (pricey) paid internet.

Hence my comment to what I perceive of the on-going and gradual deterioration I have been experiencing in recent years in the quality of the Priceline product and customer service.

In the big picture a hotel listing 'Free Internet in Public Areas' (and not mentioning that the internet is also free in rooms too) is a pretty minor point and not an issue from my point of view, as hotels need to have all the amenities they list... but don't need to list all the amenities they have.

If PRICELINE (or any hotel service) lists a hotel as offering free internet but in reality the hotel always charges for it... then that is a deteriorating product.  If on the other hand internet is usually provided for free but there is a technical issue which prevents you from using it, that is a hotel problem and one that i would seek a resolution with the hotel, not the company that i booked thru.

Hope the stay above goes flawlessly, since as noted, this property does get excellent reviews.

Have a great stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]