Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Big Island (Waikoloa-Kohala Coast) Mauna Lani Bay Hotel and Bungalows

lbush
By lbush,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel would be my best guess for this one.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You could see if this same property is offered for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to be more comfortable with the purchase... then once you confirm it's a hotel you'd be happy with, purchase the additional nites.

However, i will add that if you search regular rates in this area (use our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com) i imagine you're likely seeing hotels of this star rating starting at $100+ more than the one above, so at $158/nite, and an 8.0+ user review rating, it's likely a very nice hotel and a good value at this price vs. a regular rate purchase... so how much downside do you really have?

Of course if you decide to wait PRICELINE could make the decision for you by having this offer disappear entirely OR the rate could change no longer making it a viable option.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, those are great points. Also, the other option is to bid for a room in that same area. Priceline also has the express deal of what looks like Fairmont Orchid (4.5* rating) for $196/night so I'm wondering if I bid lower than that if I have a good chance at winning there instead. 

I chose a different route after my first bid wasn't accepted. I found a Hot-Deal (via the HOTWIRE link) for $190/night

4.5* "Waikoloa - Kohala Coast area hotel" (95% recommended)

Amenities ;

Beachfront hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Spa services, Children's activities, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower.

Resort fee $27/night

I had hoped it would be the Fairmont Orchid (since it said the last person won that) but turned out to be the Mauna Lani. I'm still quite pleased! 

Thanks BetterBidding!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]