Priceline Hotel: 3* Tampa (Airport West) Bay Harbor Hotel

veinteuno
By veinteuno,
in

I am looking for 4 star hotels in Tampa. Arriving March 2nd, staying one night. I started my bid and went as follows:

zone 7- $60

zone 7,5- $62

zone 7,5,11-$64

zone 7,5,11,6- $66

I am willing to take a 3.5 if it comes down to it. If I get to mid to upper 70's with no win, i will probably come down to 3.5 stars and start over again at $60. I am trying to stay close to the airport. Not sure how large Tampa is so, maybe, despite 4 star hotels being on the other side of the map, maybe this doesn't mean it is that far.

What are the dates of your trip and which zone(s), by PRICELINE name, are acceptable for this stay? (please post zone names, and not numbers, as the numbers will change any time PRICELINE adds, removes, or changes a zone name)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I suppose, the date is a crucial detail.... Arriving March 2nd, leaving March 3rd.

Zones that I will be targeting are:

Zone 7=Tampa Airport North

Zone 9=Tampa Airport  West (Rocky Point)

Zone 8=Tampa Airport South- Westshore

Zone 10=Tampa Central

Zone 5=Raymond James Stadium - Dale Mabry

Zone 1=Busch Gardens - USF

Zone 2=Downtown - Historic Ybor - Harbour Island

Zone 11=Tampa East - Fairgrounds

Some of these zones don't have 4* bidding

13 hours ago, veinteuno said:

I am looking for 4 star hotels in Tampa. Arriving March 2nd, staying one night. I started my bid and went as follows:

zone 7- $60

zone 7,5- $62

zone 7,5,11-$64

zone 7,5,11,6- $66

I'm confused as currently non of the zones above offer 4 star bidding (and some of the zones in your previous post also don't offer 4* bidding)... which zones is it that you're wiling to accept at the 4 star level?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

well, either way, looks like a 4 star hotel will be out the target zone. i tried 68,70, 72 and 74 bucks a night. when i tried for the downtown zone it said that there was a low chance of it being accepted. When I try with the Airport west it didn't say that, but still got rejected. I will try again tomorrow, at $60, with 3.5 star hotels.

On 2/8/2016 at 1:30 PM, veinteuno said:

zone 7- $60

zone 7,5- $62

zone 7,5,11-$64

zone 7,5,11,6- $66

I was referring to this bidding, of which none includes the Downtown - Historic Ybor - Harbour Island zone (which from your other list of zones is zone #2, but probably another good reason to list zone names instead of numbers.

So to clarify, at the 3.5* level which zone(s) are you willing to accept?  If you're targeting the same zones as you previously listed, at current prices i think you will likely need to be in the $90-$100 range to be successful, but if you confirm the acceptable zones we will outline a strategy for  you to follow for whatever maximum bid amount you'd like.

15 hours ago, veinteuno said:

...a low chance of it being accepted    

....rejected

The messages one gets from Priceline seem to be pretty random.  Don't read any significance into either of the two you got.  I've had the next higher  bid accepted after seeing either of them appear.

And you can now bid ever 2 hours, rather than 24.

Romelle

I would be willing to accept a 3.5 star hotel in any of the zones that I listed. I'd prefer to stay in the $60-75 range for a hotel. Looks like places like Courtyard or Residence Inn are 3 star in Tampa area. So, if 3.5 in that range doesn't work I may need to downgrade to a 3* in hopes of keeping the target price range.

looks like someone won a 3.5 in the Tampa area (the Hilton, won by user senwrick), and bid $62.  I can't read the details of the thread, and there appear to have been multiple posts.Also, the dollar increment looks like it may not be US currency? Can you shed any light on this?

1 hour ago, veinteuno said:

I can't read the details of the thread

Why not... is THIS LINK to their thread not working for you? (If you're having any issues with the performance on the board please send us a PM)

Their win was for 55EUR, which as per the topic title of that thread, as the time posted, translated to $62USD (our backend systems will automatically convert non-US currency to US Dollars based upon the current conversion rate)

For your acceptable 3.5* zones:

Zones that I will be targeting are:

Zone 7=Tampa Airport North

Zone 9=Tampa Airport  West (Rocky Point)

Zone 8=Tampa Airport South- Westshore

Zone 10=Tampa Central

Zone 5=Raymond James Stadium - Dale Mabry

Zone 1=Busch Gardens - USF

Zone 2=Downtown - Historic Ybor - Harbour Island

Zone 11=Tampa East - Fairgrounds

Currently only the zones that are not crossedout above offer 3.5* or higher bidding... so do you want to try for these four zones at the 3.5* level or higher with a maximum bid of $75/nite? (we will of course start lower, so if you are able to win for at the same price as the other user whose stay is for dates before your own, you will have the opportunity to do so)

Please confirm how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

• 2 weeks later...

Just as an update, in case there are others that are coming across my thread. I am still in the process of trying to bid for a room. I got up to $76 with 3.5 star hotels, and have started to re-bid now, starting at $60, for 3 star hotels, targeting the three Tampa Airport zones (north, south and west), Raymond James area and Tampa Central. Bidding in two dollar increments. Starting at $60, and received a counter offer for $90. Declined. Have re-bid up to $68, with no success so far. Will go up to $76 with 3 star hotels, and if that doesn't work, will go back and check my notes. I think I had a counter offer for 3.5 star hotel for $90. Anyway, I apologize for the lack of response to thereuare last message. I had typed a long response and THOUGHT I clicked "submit reply" but that didn't go through. It's been real busy for me but I will try and check back in. Regardless, once I finally do get a room, I will post results here. Thank you.

Thanks for the update.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Good luck!

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, veinteuno said:

note. I ended up paying $81 for a 3.5 star hotel. it was a staybridge suites hotel. very nice. 

Can you confirm the zone? Was this PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE? If either, can you confirm the amenities that were associated with the listing?

Hope you enjoyed your stay.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the follow-up.

In the future please try to clarify thru which service you used to book and only post the amenities that PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE associate with the hotel (based upon which service it is that you used to make your purchase)... if you won by bidding on PRICELINE there is no need to post the amenities.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]