Priceline Hotel: Traveling March 14-17

Cpelley1
By Cpelley1,
in

Hello - I am traveling with my family - not 100% sure where in San Francisco to stay, kids are 13, and 16.  We love activity, we are very able to walk, want someplace safe and fun!  After briefly looking through reviews and comments, I was leaning towards Fisherman's Warf, but wow-prices are steep.  I see 3 star for $399 per night, is this typical?  I am not sure what my budget is, it is flexible, but $399 is certainly not it, hoping to score a deal.

Traveling March 14-17, all weekdays, hoping there isn't a large event driving prices up - help!!  What area in the center of the hub in San Francisco can I expect to get a big bang for my buck (aka - get a steal)?

We usually are in a 3 star or higher room, pool, and continental breakfast is always a plus not necessary.  We are truly flexible and open to suggestions. 

Welcome to BetterBidding!

San Francisco has gotten more expensive over the last 5+ years (all markets have as the economy has improved, but the price increase as been greater in San Francisco than in other areas).  As well, there is a Game Developers Conference taking place over your dates with an expected attendance of 26K, not to mention that you're searching for quad occupancy which in a city like San Francisco will often limit your options and increase prices.

With the above noted, there are certain better options than the 3 star hotel that you referenced for $399/nite.  Search using our BiddingHelper.com and in the EASY VIEW tab you can:

1) on the left side of the search results place checkmarks next to hotels that are 3* and higher rated

2) also on the left side only checkmark zones that you're willing to stay in (Fisherman's Wharf, Financial District, Union Square East, Union Square West are typically the most frequently used so i would start there)

3) above the search results click the PRICE link which will sort the results from lowest to highest

Following the above you'll see 4* hotels in the Fisherman's Wharf zone starting at $250 and going up from there... is this within your budget for this trip?  Are any of the filtered options listed of interest?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

2 hours ago, Cpelley1 said:

WOW - Thank you for this quick response!! All the information is greatly appreciated, I will make sure to report back. 

Another question - using Priceline or Hotwire, typically should I try now, or wait until closer to travel time to book?

You can find a detailed discussion on that here: FAQ

Please let us know if you have any questions and thanks for keeping us updated on what you decide.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]