Hotwire Hotel: 4* Toronto (Downtown) InterContinental on Bloor

lavendersblue28
By lavendersblue28,
in

Hi,

I know that officially hotwire says that there are no refunds.........however, what if I made the wrong choice on hotwire and now would like to change it? The error is entirely my fault and lack of research but I am wondering whether there are any loopholes?

I am in Toronto for 4 nights (this coming Monday to Friday) and need to be commuting to Mississauga on a daily basis. This morning I selected the Airport area and got a 3 star for $72. I completed the transaction.

I then realized that downtown really isn't that far a drive from Mississauga via car (only about 25-30 mins during non traffic times). A downtown Toronto 4 star is for $76 and I'd much prefer to be in the heart of the city.........and in all honesty, had I know that such a cheap deal was available and actually thought about it, I would have taken the 4 star in a heartbeat.

Is there any way whereby I could get Hotwire customer service to change my hotel? Does anyone have any experience with Hotwire making exceptions in circumstances where they don't have to refund money but simply change the area and charge the price difference?

This has all taken place today........the airport 3 star for $72 is still available as is the downtown 4 star for $76.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks

:)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please provide the details of your results:

-hote received

-zone

-price paid

-dates of your stay

-amenities shown before purchase (still viewable by going to Hotwire and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page)

We'll then reply to your question above.

Thank you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The 3* i'm now showing for a search for your dates does not match what you listed above as the amenities... it is $72, but it doesn't appear to be the same hotel. Are you seeing different amenities on a current search?

I'm doubtful you will get Hotwire to budge very much, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to try. I would take the approach that you made a mistake, because you didn't realize taht Hotwire had automatically checked the Airport zone. Tell them that you really were looking for a hotel in the Downtown area and would be willing to pay the difference if they can switch you to that property.

Let us know how it goes... and please confirm that you amenities you origially posted are the ones associated with the Best Western and that the current property shown on a search (Shuttle, Pool, Fitness) is not what you saw for the Best Western.

Good Luck!

EDIT: when searching for 2adults/2children i get a different set of amenities, but still not what you posted above

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

Thanks for the advice! I am going to try the approach that you suggested. Do you know if anyone has had any experience in the past with such requests?

The ammenities under my Best Western booking are definitey 'restaurant, fitness centre, pool and high speed'. This booking was made in the morning. I also just checked hotwire again and it seems that the option presented to me for $72 is no longer availalbe, however a different option with different ammenities is.

Also, when Hotwire says 'High Speed'.......does this mean that high speed is available in the rooms or just in the lobby?

Thanks!

As per Hotwire:

High-speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

I don't know anyone who has successfully disputed a hotel with Hotwire. Usually the complaints/disappoints come in the form of "how can they consider this hotel a 'x' star", and Hotwire's typical response is that they stand by their star rating. I don't know of anyone who has purchased a hotel in the wrong zone, which is more of a Priceline phenomenon.

Hi,

I have great news. Hotwire did switch the reservation! I didn't make the call however, my boyfriend did and he's gifted when i comes to speaking and negotiating

The new hotel is:

Interconntinental on Bloor St - 4star Downtown

Amenities: pool, fitness centre, business centre, restaurant

72 dollars

Thanks for your assistance on this forum. Yesterday was the first time I came across it and having browsed through it I think it's an invaluable resource and will be consulting it again before I plan future trips.

Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]