Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Magnificent Mile - Water Tower) Millennium Knickerbocker

bluebikeKC
By bluebikeKC,
in

Trying to figure out two hotels in Evanston-Skokie-Niles for March 12-15.

3* $93/night (regularly $157)...75% recommended

Amenities: Free Internet, Free parking, business center, indoor pool, pool, self-service laundry, fitness center, pet friendly, restaurant.

3.5* $131/night ($181)...100% recommended

Amenities: Free internet, free parking, business center, indoor pool, restaurant, fitness center, pool, self-service laundry.

I didn't quite see these -- or recognize them -- on the hotel list.

Thanks!

I think there may be more amenities than you have included above. If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper tool and look in the EASY VIEW TAB, do you see additional amenities beyond those listed above? If so, please confirm the full amenity set and we would be happy to take a look.

Also, do you need to be in this area? Evanston's great (although those hotels are rarely seen as wins) and Skokie is fine, but a little North (Northbrook/Glenview) is going to be mildly cheaper and more convenient to Metra if you need to get downtown.

If you need to be downtown, I'd definitely be downtown, especially when downtown is similarly priced to Evanston. 

Either way, I'm very familiar with the area and would be happy to answer any area questions as well.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thank you. First off, we're going to be downtown most of the time we're there, but we're driving to Chicago. If hotel parking is, say $50+ a day, it seems to make more sense for the three of us to stay away from downtown. (The only time we'll actually drive downtown is for a Blackhawks game.)

Using the BiddingHelper.com tool, here are the amenities:

Water Tower: FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower.

The 3* in Evanston/Skokie: FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Tennis nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

The 3.5* in Evanston/Skokie (which is probably out at $131): FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

If I could add one, there's a 4.5* in Downtown-River North at $103 with the following: FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower.

I'm open to any help, suggestions, etc. Thanks!

3* Skokie - My guess is that this is a new amenity set for the Holiday Inn Skokie. Not something I'd recommend. If you stay here, you're either driving downtown (which will result in parking costs) or driving to the CTA and parking (cost) and taking the L. I believe there is a bus to the subway, but not sure how late it runs.

3.5* Skokie - I'm not seeing this when searching so I can't confirm, but I'd guess that may be the Doubletree North Shore if you're seeing it. In this case, you're either driving downtown, driving to Evanston or driving to the CTA. There is a bus from here to Evanston, but it's a longish trip and I don't know how late it runs.

4.5* Mag Mile-RN - Possible match for the James.

It's understandable you want to avoid parking costs downtown, but there are some alternatives - I believe parking is *somewhat* more reasonable at Navy Pier, for example. Additionally, in some of the situations in Skokie you're going to have to go through time/effort and possibly parking/transit costs to get downtown.

When it starts to get more into the Spring/Summer and there's a larger spread between the downtown and suburban prices I tend to recommend the suburbs often, but when the suburbs and downtown are around the same price, I'd much rather recommend downtown.

Please keep us updated on what you decide and let us know if you have any additional questions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to figure out these two for March 12-15.

3.5* in Magnificent Mile/Water Tower area

$64 (from $207)

Listed as 90% recommended

Amenities: Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

Since it's only $64, I don't see passing this one up, but I would like to have a better idea of what it is and how close it might be to the "L".

4* in Downtown/River North

$100 (from $172)

Listed as 95% recommended

Amenities: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access, Spa services

Thanks!

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the lower right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

I'm not seeing either of these properties offered when searching for your dates.. are you still seeing these on your own HOTWIRE search?

Also, please do your searching using the BiddingHelper.com and copy/paste the amenities from the EASY VIEW TAB to ensure you're posting the complete amenity set.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm seeing this 4* in the River North area - Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Spa - which would likely be the Godfrey.

Not seeing the 3.5* for $64, unfortunately.

First off, my bad on starting a new thread. I'm a slow learner. Eventually I'll get it.

I went after posting to go ahead and book the $64 room...got to the end, after putting in CC info, and it said session expired. Oh well. So, this is the last time I'll bug you about this. I've decided, taking two "kids" -- one in Chicago for the first time -- we'll stay in the Mag Mile/Water Tower area. Now looking at this one:

4* $93

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Thanks!

I'm seeing a 4* in the Mag Mile-WT area w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Tennis, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly.

-- This would likely be the MileNorth. If you look on the detail page for this listing, at the bottom you'll see an approximate $6.95 fee, which would confirm the guess of the MileNorth.

I'm also seeing a 4* for $93 w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Tennis, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly in the same zone.

-- This is a possible match for the Public, which has been seen with this amenity set previously.

The MileNorth would be a better location, which - given the unpredictability of Chicago weather - could be a plus in March. 

Please keep us updated on what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

• 10 months later...

Amenities: Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Tennis, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly.

Was showing $93 and averaged out to $119.30/night with taxes and fees.

It's basically at the start of the Magnificent Mile and not close to an "L," but it was a great hotel.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]