Priceline Hotel: Need Help Booking Backup for Jazz Fest

chen
By chen,
in

I am going to New Orleans 04/28/16 - 05/02/16 for Jazz Fest and need 1 room (downtown, warehouse, or FQ).  With the artists just announced, PRICELINE rates for these date are currently high.  I am predicting that they will go down eventually as this has been my experience in the past.  I am checking rates every day.  To hedge my bet, I'd like to book a backup now that I cancel once I get a PL room.  Can anyone recommend where to book a room as a backup that I can cancel with short notice?

Thanks in advance,

That's because:

1) it's Jazzfest so with hotels in demand there is no reason for them to discount at this point in time

2) the rates are refundable

If demand for Jazzfest is strong rates could go even higher from here and you may think today's rates are good... which is why you should book a back-up as it locks in today's rates with the ability to cancel and re-book in the future.  It can't hurt... but it could help.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you.  Sorry for asking questions that are probable obvious but can you help ID Priceline Express hotels?   For example, I am looking at a rate of $141 a night on PRICELINE EXPRESS for for 3 Star Hotel in Downtown New Orleans Area with the following amenities

Free Internet

Fitness Center

Restaurant

Business Center

Can you help me ID this?

Thanks in advance

Best guess for this PRICELINE EXPRESS property would be the Wyndham Garden Hotel Baronne Plaza.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

I have checked multiple times every day since late January and the prices are staying firm for my dates.  I've got a back up that expires soon. I'm thinking of booking a

PRICELINE EXPRESS deal for $192.  I'm hoping it's the Hyatt.  Can you help me ID this?

Dates 04/28 - 05/02

4 Star Hotel in Downtown New Orleans Area for $192/night

Guaranteed Amenities:

Business Center

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

Non Smoking

Best guess for the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer above would be the Hyatt Regency New Orleans.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

• 2 weeks later...

So I was able to book a backup that expires 04/26 and I am hoping to book at the last minute to get a priceline deal.  I have checked priceline express every single day (often multiple times a day) since January and the prices have been firm.  Does anyone have thoughts on whether hotels with excess inventory will drop prices at the last minute?  Obviously I realize that this is difficult to predict but if it seemed like prices will stay the same or go up then I will just book the $192, which is likely the Hyatt.  Any advice is greatly appreciated. 

Last question - what is the difference in price you can get with savvy bidding versus PRICELINE EXPRESS?  I am trying to figure out the difference and whether I should be bidding as I used to.

There is no set % difference in terms of bidding vs PRICELINE EXPRESS. There is value in the added cost of PRICELINE EXPRESS, given that that is giving you information that can be used in many cases to make an educated guess as to what it may be. If you bid, you have to be willing to accept ANY hotel at the star rating picked in the zone picked. Bidding is usually slightly-to-moderately cheaper. In terms of rates coming down, there is no guarantee and they can certainly go up as the dates get closer, as well, especially if there's an event happening.

Thank you for keeping us updated on what you decide.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]