Hotwire Hotel: 4* New York Manhattan - May 3-7 - Help needed

Jacinthl
By Jacinthl,
in

This is my first time using Hotwire. Any help is greatly appreciated! 

We are going to New York city from May 3-7, and hope to find a room at a 4* hotel for 4 nights. 

I did not choose Priceline cuz we have a party of 4 (all adults), and Priceline would not guarantee a room up to 4 guests.

We do not have any specific preference of zones, but ideally not too far from time square. We hope to keep the total around $1000 (including taxes&fees) for 4 nights.

Question 1: Which zone would you recommend? 

Question 2: I found the "4* Union Square - Flatiron area boutique hotel" for $220 per nite, with "Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access." Which hotel would this might be? 

Question 3: Are there any better deals out there?

Thank you very much for your help!

Star Rating: at least 4*

City and Zone: New York Manhattan, no specific zones

Travel Dates: May 3-7

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I see the hotel (but please search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool and you'll see the addition of an extra Internet Access amenity) but it's priced at $290/nite... are you sure you included 4adults in your search?  My guess for this property would be the Martha Washington Chelsea Hotels.

Unfortunately you don't have many options regardless of which zone(s) you choose as searching HOTWIRE for 4adults, minimum 4* rating, and sort by PRICE (again, this is easiest in our EASY VIEW BiddingHelper.com tool) there is one option in the LES side zone for $195/nite which i'm guessing is the Holiday Inn, a MSG property for $226 (and even this will be over your $1K target after fees/taxes) which i believe is the Wyndham New Yorker... and it goes up from there.

Any interest in either of the above?  If not, what are your thoughts about increasing your budget or lowering your star rating?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I used BiddingHelper.com for the search and it is really helpful! 

I guess the one I saw was no longer available. I should just book that one considering the price and the location. 

Should I just book the MSG one or should I keep watching and waiting for a better deal? 

I am also thinking about increasing my budget to $1300. 

p.s. any chance of a Michigan alumnus? I saw your profile pic. I am and go blue!! 

Glad to hear you found the BiddingHelper.com useful.

I think whether you take the current MSG property depends how you feel about the Wyndham New Yorker vs. increasing your budget.

Yes, UM grad here too (and taking my young Michigan fan daughter to MSG tonite to watch UM vs. PSU Ice Hockey... we don't get many opportunities to see Michigan teams on the east coast so we try to take advantage each time we can)

Go Blue!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

I am still looking for a hotel from May 3-7.

My family and I decided to book two rooms for 4 people instead of 1 room for 4. I am wondering whether you have any recommendations for now? 

We still prefer to stay somewhere with a 4* rating or above, but a nice and comfortable 3.5* hotel would work just fine. 

Zone does not matter that much as long as it is in manhattan. 

Also, it will be great if each room could be below $250/night.

Thank you very much! 

So ideas of what i'm currently seeing (you can give your thoughts on each and we can whittle it down from there):

Wyndham New Yorker Hotel for $190/nite

Martha Washington for $209/nite

Gem Hotel - Chelsea for $217/nite

Wyndham Garden Chinatown for $220/nite

Ameritania for $221/nite

Andaz Wall Street for $246/nite (not the most well located but gets GREAT reviews so i've included here)

Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side for $189/nite

City Club Hotel (i would need to further research my guess for this one) for $220/nite

Wyndham Garden Hotel Manhattan Chelsea West for $225/nite

Yotel - Times Square for $235/nite

Anything above seem interesting?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]