Hotwire Hot Rate room type

cmarino
By cmarino,
in

I'm interested to know if the discount listed next to the hot rate on Hotwire reflects the particular room type that you will get, or if it is a general number for the property that carries no additional meaning.

For example, you see a Hot rate of $125 that says "50% off". Assume it is fairly obvious what the hotel is given the zone and Tripadvisor info. This hotel has rates on other sites of $170 for a king room and $250 for a suite. Interestingly, only the $250 suites are bookable on the non-opaque section of Hotwire. Also interestingly, when you put in 3 guests instead of 2, the hot rate changes from $125 to $200. 

If I book the hot rate of $125 (for two people), am I likely to get a suite or a king room? On the one hand it's crazy to expect a particular room type on an opaque reservation. On the other, if I get a king, wouldn't it have been a bit misleading to say "50% off"? Anyone know enough about how the bookings work to say?

The savings are based upon an average rate for hotels of that star rating in the zone for the same dates... not for the specific hotel currently being offered; so you can't use this information as you're attempting to do.

It would be appreciated if you used the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future bidding, searches, and travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]