Hotwire Hotel: 3* Beverly Hills Westwood Cent City - any ideas?

siun
By siun,
in

Trying to figure out which hotel this might be ... dates 11/10-16 - $73 per night - I assume the 41/2* at $108 is the Park Hyatt still. I'm booking for several coworkers and I'm hoping we'll be close enough to our meeting site that we can walk...

Thanks for any info folks have!

...Christina

I'm hoping we'll be close enough to our meeting site that we can walk..

Hi siun,

I'd urge caution here, due to the size of the Hotwire zone in question.

To give you an idea of the distance involved, I took a look at the Hotwire maps.

The west-east borders of the zone are as follows: the San Diego Freeway (405) on the WEST (left of map) and Doheney Drive on the EAST (Doheney, by the way, serves as the dividing line between the City of West Hollywood and the City of Beverly Hills).

On Mapquest, using Santa Monica Boulevard (the street that runs right through the middle of the zone) as a benchmark, the distance from one end of the zone to the other is 4.71 miles.

Plus, the hotel could be further along one of the streets north or south od Santa Monica Blvd.

So if you're NOT going to have a car, I'd analyze the possible hotels very carefully before bidding.

Is the meeting being held in Century City?

I don't know what this 3* hotel is, but i will also say that the 4.5* may or may not be the Park Hyatt.

The Century Plaza Hotel & Spa is also rated 4.5* and has the same amenities at the Park Hyatt (and i THINK in the same zone). If both of these hotels are acceptable i'd say you're relatively safe in moving forward with Hotwire... yet there could always be others that we don't know about.

Let us know if we can help any further or if you gain any add'l information.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks all - we'd love the Century Plaza actually since the conference we're heading out for (Business for Social Responsibility) is at the Plaza (I love the fact that all the "good corporate citizen" conferences are always at super-luxe hotels ... hmmm).

And I'll consult the colleagues on the distance they'd be happy with - I like to be nearby when the even starts at 7am (!!!) and goes until 8pm ... but they may be open to being taxi distance.

I'll let you all know what we end up with ... and I'll book us through the SavingsBarn link - anything we can do to help the cause!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]