Priceline is cancelable (well sort of)

Boots
By Boots,
in

I had bid and won the 4* Westin in Chicago for March 3-5 for $61. it was to be a surprise for my hisband's birthday..Well he won't be able to go due to work comittments..I emailed PL and recieved an I'm sorry email but that was it. I called and explained my situation and they gave me the options to rebid. I was not allowed to bid less than the 61. If my new bid was accepted they would charge the 5.95 processing fee and if it wasn't they would charge $25.00 per nite cancel fee. I wasn't sure when we could actually go so I just bid what I thought would not be accepted. I bid up to 64.00 and thank goodness it wasn't accepted!! So I was charged the cancellation fees..This is just a heads up in case someone needs to cancel.

I have heard simialar variations of the same story, but never for a "change in plans". Each incident i've heard of this occurring has always been for someone that bid the wrong zone OR wrong date. The permission to cancel has always been accompanied by a "this is a one time courtesy for your account and won't be allowed again."

However, i can not stress enough that this is NOT Priceline's stated policy, and allowing any type of cancellation is entiriely up to the generosity of the customer service representative you get at the time.

Your milage may vary if you end up with a reservation you don't want or need, so i would not recommend this as a strategy for anyone thinking, "i'll get the hotel now and if my plans change they'll let me cancel for a small fee."

I'm glad it worked out for you Boots! It's nice to hear a positive customer service experience for a change... too often we only hear the problems.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]