MCO Orlando - Possible Companies

Pluto123
By Pluto123,
in

I'm looking to rent a car on Hot.wire for a trip to Orlando next week.  Are there any vendors that one is more likely to get?  Hotwire gives a list of vendors and says it will be one of those vendors listed.  Some of the car rental vendors listed do not have good reviews.  Are there any vendors that are more common to get when you book on Hot.wire in Orlando? 

Also, has anyone used the Hot.wire car rental insurance (to avoid having to file a claim with my own insurance) if an accident were to happen?

Thank you.

What are the actual dates of your travel?

The (currently) six potential car rental vendors available on the opaque side of both PRICELINE and HOTWIRE are all generally considered to be 'top tier' rental companies.. exactly which vendor(s) is it that you're hoping to avoid?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply.  I was looking at January 18th - 23rd (five days).  The vendor I was hoping to avoid was Sixt.  I really never heard of them.  Thanks for pointing out that most of the vendors are the top tier.  I've heard some bad things about some of the others not listed, so I'm glad they're not showing up.

SIXT is a European based (Germany, iirc) car rental company that started to grow their footprint in the US about 4-5 years ago.

They actually have a very good reputation overseas (where they are well known)... did you read negative things about them or is it just that they are unknown to you, as most things that i have read have been positive.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I guess it's a litte of both about SIXT (unknown to me and lower reviews).  Thanks for telling me more about them.  They have 3 stars average review on Yelp.  The one comment that comes up is that they say they have to put a deposit hold on your credit card.  That in and of itself is common procedure, but apparently they are requiring a very large deposit.  However, it is one of seven possible vendors.  Thanks for helping me think this through.

HW has some text on their site about holding a car up to X hours after the booking time.  I can't remember the actual number, but thought it was a surprising 24.  Definitely a large number.  

I put it to the test in Tampa with an hour and a half late arrival.  No problems.  In fact, the agent set my time to when I actually took the car out so I had the extra time on the return side.

So with your pick-up date less than 2 days away... what are you going to do?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]