Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* New York City (Financial District - Wall Street) Club Quarters World Trade

bestenborstel
By bestenborstel,
in

Dear all,

we are looking for a hotel room, at the moment for one night 01/15-16/01 for 2 adults in the city.

I would prefer Hotwire and I am searching for a good deal, however I am not keen on Resort Fees. I heard the other day that one hotels charges 55$/night/person on resort fees (Quin hotel). I would like to avoid such a case when booking via hotwire.

I have currently not a real preference (Internet should be free, no resort fees, clean, minimum 3-3.5*). I would say my limit is around 100$ before tax.

I see currently:

3.5* ESB 96$

FULL AMENITIES: Free breakfast, Free Internet, Fitness center, Business center, Internet access

3.5* Convention Center - Hell's Kitchen -87$

FULL AMENITIES: Free breakfast, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

4* Grand Central 103$

FULL AMENITIES: Free breakfast, Free Internet, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access

Just to name a few examples. Breakfast does not need to be included.

Maybe you see better deals? Once you saw the Hyatt Times Square for a good deal.

Just got as well a 7% off reduction for priceline if it helps. Edit: Only valid for NYOP. Not applicable.

For example, as a priceline express deal I found

MSG-Convention Area, 8/10

Pets, Business, Free Internet, Breakfast, Fitness Center

for 84$

What could this be, please?

Thank you.

Please start by following-up your previous PRICELINE PHLADELPHIA thread with whatever you ended up doing fort that trip.. then reply here and we will have a look at your post/options above.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I see a

4* Grand Central all suites hotel

106$

Free breakfast, Free Internet, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry

90% recommendation

102$ in the better bidding helper

FULL AMENITIES: Free breakfast, Free Internet, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access

Could this be the Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Midtown East

Thank you.

This amenity set does match previous reports for the Residence Inn by Marriott New York Manhattan/Midtown East, but i'm not so confident that this is the underlying hotel.

What are your needs for this stay and/or why this one?  For example, i'm seeing what looks to be the Sheraton New York for $76/nite (doesn't include breakfast but you can certainly find breakfast in NYC for less than $25/nite for two people) and centrally located... or what may be the Hilton Fashion District for $92 (good reviews and still less than the one above)... or the 4.5* rated Westin New York at Times Square for $96/nite (again, good reviews and less than the one above)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please update this thread with your win (also clarifying which Club Quarters it is that you received, as there quite a few in NYC), and assuming this purchase was thru PRICELINE or HOTWIRE, use the ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN button on the lower right corner of this page, and upon posting the entire thread will automatically be moved to the correct section of the board (If necessary).

Re-iterate any food requests you have in your reply and i'll offer any suggestions based upon the location that you won.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

12 hours ago, thereuare said:

Please update this thread with your win (also clarifying which Club Quarters it is that you received, as there quite a few in NYC), and assuming this purchase was thru PRICELINE or HOTWIRE, use the ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN button on the lower right corner of this page, and upon posting the entire thread will automatically be moved to the correct section of the board (If necessary).

2x

Can you please confirm the hotel, dates, and amenities (if applicable) to this thread so that others can benefit from the information, just as you have benefited from those who have posted before you.

Sorry to hear you booked a hotel for the wrong date, but double checking the dates during the check-out process is always a must... and HOTWIRE DOES allow same day reservations as long as the booking is completed before midnite (local time of the city you are booking).

6 hours ago, bestenborstel said:

I would like to clarify that HOTWIRE does not sell hotels for the same day. We booked too fast and have now a hotel for tomorrow instead of today. Wasted a lot of money. 

I did that about a year ago.  The hotel simply rebooked me for the right date.  I suppose it depends upon the specific hotel, but wouldn't hurt to ask.

Romelle

9 hours ago, bestenborstel said:

I am disappointed that you modified my statement.

If you're referring to the strikeout regarding HOTWIRE not allowing same day reservations, i crossed it out since it's not factual and want to make sure other users know the facts and are not confused. 

As per the HOTWIRE website:

Can I Book Same Day Reservations (click for full terms)

Of course you can! In order to check in to a room today, the booking must be completed before midnight, based on the local time of the city where you are interested in staying.

If you have some other issue feel free to send me a PM.

It would be appreciated (3rd request) if you shared your win, clarified which dates, hotel, room rate, amenities (if applicable) you won ... maybe another user was heading to NYC last nite or tonite and could benefit from knowing the details of your purchase. ;)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Hi Thereuare.

Yes, I am referring to cross things out. Technically you could quote me and add your statement.

Regarding the 3rd request: It took so long because 

a) I was in NYC sightseeing.

b) I was traveling back to Europe and had a 20h trip just after my NYC stay in front of me or behind me. Again, no internet access and busy with traveling.

c) When I arrived I had to take care of my flat, mail, etc. 

Never mind, here is what you asked for.

Club Quarters, World Trade Center 

16.1.2016-17.1.2017

79$ before tax ($105.19 after tax), no resort fees

Amenites
Free Internet
Smoke-free rooms
Fitness center
Restaurant(s)
Business center
Self-service laundry
Internet access

Thank you.

Best regards

BB

On 1/16/2016 at 8:24 AM, Romelle said:

I did that about a year ago.  The hotel simply rebooked me for the right date.  I suppose it depends upon the specific hotel, but wouldn't hurt to ask.

Romelle

Romelle, thank you.

We asked the hotel but Club Quarters wanted 180$ before task. We answered kindly "no thank you"

Price was even higher than on venere.com. 

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]