Priceline Hotel: Would like a bidding strategy DC 3/4-3/6

tignor
By tignor,
in

Hi, I would like a bidding strategy for a 4* for Downtown, Downtown-White House, Dupont, Convention Center, or Capitol Hill.

Some areas are popping up an additional hotel fee -- $34.50 (Downtown) and $31.50 (Dupont).

I'd like to stay under $200 total with Priceline fees and taxes, so that would mean a high bid of $82 in areas without a hotel fee, $69 in Dupont and $68 for Downtown.

Dupont is where we would choose if we could. We'd like a 4* but if we try for a while and nothing hits we'll be willing to drop to a 3.5*.

Thank you!

Can you please follow-up your previous Priceline Louisville thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip.

For your stay above, at current rates i don't think $82 is realistic for a 4 star hotel in one of the zones you have listed, and at the moment it would more likely take somewhere in the $125-$150 area... using our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com what is the best rate you're able to find for an acceptable 4* hotel in one of these zones?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Gracious! Ok, I've cleared the Louisville thread up. whoops!

Looks like the best rate on your sister site comes up as $220, the Washington Hilton.

Hotwire has a 4.5* in Dupont at $172

Complimentary    Free Internet

Amenities    Business center   Fitness center   Restaurant(s)   Smoke-free rooms

Accessibility Accessible for visually impaired Accessible for hearing impaired Accessible path of travel

A 3* Dupont at $153

Complimentary    Free Internet

Amenities    Boutique hotel   Self-service laundry

Accessibility Accessible for visually impaired Accessible for hearing impaired Accessible path of travel In-room accessibility Accessible bathroom

Price.line has The Normandy Hotel in Dupont at $156 (possibly the Hotwire deal above?)...which wouldn't be bad, I think, but when you actually click on the hotel link in Priceline, price jumps to $184. The hell?

I checked other sites too. The Normandy is listed at $149 and they The 4* Fairfax at Embassy Row for $150. The Fairfax is looking mighty attractive at that price...

If you go to BiddingHelper.com, then search for your dates, then click "Hotwire Easy View" and "Full Amenities" next to the listing, for the 4.5*, do you see:

Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower

-- If so, I'd guess the Dupont Circle Hotel.

Are you still seeing the 3* when searching for these dates? If so, how many people are you searching for? 

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Ok, I booked the Fairfax at Embassy Row for $150 (taxes and fees included), nothing seems better from Hotwire or Priceline. Total $300. It is cancelable through 2/27, so if you think a Price.line bid would get us a better hotel in Dupont up to a $111 bid (which matches my Fairfax win once you add all the fees in there), I'll give it a shot, but I think I got a good deal. It's not through you, so to be nice I'll spend some time clicking on your links for a while today. ;)

It's not in Dupont Circle, but the Hyatt Arlington gets good reviews, is across the street from the Metro, and is just $84/nite... should this be of interest.

If you'd like a bidding strategy to try for the next two months to beat your Dupont Circle deal, please confirm the minimum star rating and all zones that you're willing to accept (even if you think the zones would be beyond your budget)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]