Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Hollywood) The Hollywood Roosevelt

speedybabu
By speedybabu,
in

Hi Im looking for help with a bidding strategy for 1 night (Checking in Friday February 5th, checking out Saturday February 6th). No particular budget, would like two separate recommendations. First recommendation of where to start bidding at if I want a 5 star and thoughts on what price bid would be accepted. Second recommendation of what price to start at if I wanted a 4 star and where it may end up being accepted. Also any hotels you think I will probably get based on winning history?

MOST IDEALLY - I would be happy with a four star in Hollywood. Hopefully one of the ones listed below. What do you think my chances are.

As for re bid zones, Im seeing that I can use the following for no 5 stars

Brentwood, Culver City, Downtown LA, Hermosa, Hollywood, LAX, LAX East, Lynwood, Manhattan, Marina del Rey, Miracle Mile, Venice, West Hollywood, Torrance, Carson, San Pedro & Harbor City.

Re Bid Zones with no 4 stars I'm seeing

Culver City, LAX East, Lynwood, Marina del Rey, Miracle Mile, Torrance, Carson, San Pedro, Harbor City

These are the hotels I'm seeing available for that night in the 5 star and 4 star categories for that night.

1) Beverly Hills-Century City

• 5 star hotels are Mr C Beverly Hills, Montage, SLS, Four Seasons, Beverly Wilshire, The Beverly Hills Hotel, L' Ermitage & the Penisula

• 4 star hotels are The Beverly Hilton, Sirtaj Hotel & Mosaic Hotel

2) Brentwood-Westwood

• No 5 star hotels

• 4 star hotels are Intercontinental Century City, Hyatt Regency Century Plaza, Luxe Hotel Sunset Beach, Palomar Los Angeles & W Hotel Los Angeles

3) West Hollywood

• 5 star hotels are Hotel Bel Air, The London West Hollywood

• 4 star hotels are Sofitel Los Angeles, Petit Ermitage, Chamberlain West Hollywood, Andaz West Hollywood, Le Montrose Suite Hotel, The Grafton on Sunset, The Charlie West Hollywood, Mondrian & Palihorse Holloway

4) Hollywood

• No 5 star

• 4 star hotels are W Hollywood, Lowes Hollywood, Hollywood Roosevelt, The Redbury @ Hollywood & Vine

Thank you!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

You can see the hotels reported to the board here: Priceline Hotel List California. There is no way to know which hotel will appear or what the odds are, you have to be willing to accept any hotel at the star rating picked in the zone chosen.

So that we don't go over what you'd like to spend, what would be your maximum bid at the 5* level (and at the 4* level)?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I would say my max for 5 star would be $300 and max for 4 star $250.

I looked over Hotwire last night and they had a 5 star Beverly Hills area for $218 which I think is the Intercontenental. They also had a $273 one that I believe was the L'Ermitage.

Priceline had a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal that was $348 that I was thinking was SLS.

Not sure if I should snag one of those?

Ideally my friend and I would love to snag a four star in the hollywood Priceline area, the Roosevelt is our prime target. I was going to try to see if Hotwire or the Priceline express had anything in Hollywood today before I started bidding so I had an idea of where to start my pricing.

HOTWIRE and PRICELINE EXPRESS are going to be slightly-to-moderately more expensive than bidding. Which service to go with really depends on what is more appealing - if you see a property on HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS, it becomes a matter of whether or not it's worthwhile to you to pay a little more for a greater chance at a hotel you'd like vs rolling the dice with bidding.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I will add that i'm seeing this 4 star Hollywood hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $180/nite with Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Free Internet.

My guess for this one would be The Hollywood Roosevelt or the W Hollywood, but i can't favor one as more likely than the other.

Let us know if you go for the one above, or how you'd like to proceed, and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 months later...

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see it was one of the hotels guessed and that you were pleased with the deal and enjoyed your stay.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.  Please remember to follow-up your threads with your results/decisions as you receive them so that the information can best help others in a timely manner.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]