Priceline Hotel: 5* Beverly Hills-Century City Dec. 28-Jan 1 - failed at $253

bbbidingstrategy
By bbbidingstrategy,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages (which will also remove the red box at the top of the page and make the board easier to navigate)

Your bidding over New Year's Eve which is typically a very busy nite for hotels, so some properties may not be willing to discount rooms by very much (if at all).

HOTWIRE does have a 5* hotel in the Beverly Hills zone for $312/nite, but i'm not certain which one it is... thru the EASY VIEW tab at BiddingHelper.com it has these amenities (as well as a 4.5/5.0 TA rating):

Boutique, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

Mr. C Beverly Hills, or The L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, would be my best guess for this one, although there are others that can't be ruled out either (such as The Beverly Hills Hotel or the Four Seasons Los Angeles)... or i'm also seeing the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza for $285/nite, should this work for your needs this trip.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we will try to assist further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks very much!

Quick question - I thought the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza was a 4 star and not a 5 star - has that changed i.e. have people been getting that when biding for a 5 star on Priceline?

On Priceline the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza is a 4*.  Both via bidding (bidding history) and via Priceline's List View (current retail).  

Hotwire tends to be a little more generous with stars.  In this case a full star, although it is more typically a 1/2 star.  And there are some hotels with the same star rating from both PL and HW.

Romelle

Thank you! I will try again and see if I can get the Mr. C Hotel or Ermitage for less than $312.

In case that does not work and  I need to go down a level to 4.5 stars, does anyone know if there are Beverly Hills hotels other than the Sofitel at the 4.5 star range that people have successfully bid for on Priceline? Thanks in advance.

On this note, fyi this morning I did some research and "unwrapped" (but did not purchase) a Priceline 4.5 star Beverly Hills hotel that was at $294 with these amenities:

Pets Allowed

Business center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Pool

Fitness Center

No Smoking

and it turned out to be the Sofitel.

So perhaps I can come closer bidding on Price.line to the $253 range for a 4.5 star Beverly Hills hotel?

The Hotel List up in the header has all Hotwire and Priceline hotels reported here by members.  

I did check the list, and thus far only the Sofitel has been reported.  But you could always be the one to get a different hotel and a new addition to the list!  I've had the honor several times in different areas.

Romelle

Please start by reading your messages (which will also remove the red box at the top of the page and make the board easier to navigate)

2x

... then reply here and we'll continue the discussion for your trip above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you! I will try again and see if I can get the Mr. C Hotel or Ermitage for less than $312.

When bidding on PRICELINE, there is no way to ensure that you will receive one of these two properties.

If you'd like to move forward by bidding, let us know your maximum bid and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]