Priceline Hotel: 4* Fort Lauderdale (Beach) Sonesta Fort Lauderdale

whenpigsfly
By whenpigsfly,
in

We need hotels in either Ft Lauderdale or Miami for Thursday November 26th and Friday the 27th as we are leaving on a cruise on Saturday the 28th from Miami (but flying into FLL)

We have an open mind as to where we stay but want something nice and the wife would prefer it to be near the beach but thats not a deal breaker.  So far the best deal I've found is a 4*Fort Lauderdale Beach area resort for $95/night (plus $30 resort fee/night)  I called all the 4* properties and the Westin is the only property that charges a $30 resort fee/night.

Here are the amenities that show for the property.  On the page where all the properties are listed Resort, Business center, Childrens activities, Internet access.  When I open the pageas If I'm going to purchase the property this is the amenities list  Business Center, Near Beach, Resort, Fitness center, Pet Friendly, Restaurant(s), Internet Access, Pools, Smoke free rooms.  The only property that Ican find in the amenities lists under HOTWIRE is  childrens activities is the Westin in this zone.  Total for this property including resort fees is $288  (retail I can find it for $168/night if it is the westin)

On the PRICELINE EXPRESS bidding I see a 4*  property that does not have any resort fees listed that is $114/day with thr following amenities listed pets allowed, business center, restaurant, free internet,  swimming pool, fitness center.  Total for this property is $266 with no resort fee listed.  I would think this best match could be the Hyatt Pier 66 from the amenities list.

I bid PRICELINE earlier for 4* $75 unsucessfully in the beach zone and whenever I bid it says hotel fee of $63.50 (I called all 4* properties and cannot match this fee up to anything but the closest would be the Westin).  I also bid 3.5 star at 80 and recieved a counter offer of $114.

Can you give my your best educated guess on the properties in the HOTWIRE and the PRICELINE EXPRESS bidding? 

Would you have a preference in these properties? 

Wife likes the heavenly bed at the Westin but with it being thanksgiving I wonder if it will be overrun with families?

Also we've been considering Fort lauderdale because it seems lower priced than south Beach but would you recommend we consider a different zone/ city. 

Cars looked expensive so we thought we would use Lyft/Uber to get around and find a shuttle service to get us from our hotel to Miami cruise port on Saturday morning.   

Thats alot!  sorry if I'm all over the board here  Thanks for your ideas.

Typically i prefer to stay closer to the pier as it just makes for less complications the day of embarkation (should you hit traffic, car trouble, forget something that is needed back at the hotel, etc)... but since this is a two nite stay it's "ok" to focus more on the area (vs. if this was a one nite stay and just needed a bed to sleep in prior to your cruise)

For the HOTWIRE offer, using the EASY VIEW tab of our BiddingHelper.com this is the full amenity set i'm seeing for this property:

Resort

Pet Friendly

Near Beach

Smoke Free

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Tennis

Spa

Childrens Activities

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... if this is what you're seeing, i'd agree with the best guess of the Westin

If this is the 4 star Fort Lauderdale Beach Priceline Express hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) you're seeing then my guess for this one would be the W Fort Lauderdale.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the reply.  

different options seem to be available today (more as well)  I narrowed it down  to two

Looking at the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal it looks like it changed since I posted.  I'm now getting a $109/night 4* bed choice restaurant and indoor or outdoor pool.  The bed choice is for Ocean view king free wifi or ocean view 2 doubles free wifi (same price for both). 

No beachfront or near beach or oceanfront.  Since it says ocean view I'm somewhat afraid it could be the residence inn by marriot intercoastal listed as a 4* which  has rooms that say Ocean view but it blocks away from the ocean) 

There is no resort fee listed on the express deal.  Does that mean there is no resort fee?  

On  Hot.wire I see Fort Lauderdale Boutique hotel $107 85% recommended  

resort

business center

restaurant's

spa services

Botique Hotel

Oceanfront Hotel

internet access

fitness center

smoke free rooms

This really looks like the Sonesta to me from matching it up to the hotwire hotel list the last entry for the sonesta

no mention of a resort fee in the hotwire purchase screen. (which the only two 4* i found without were the W or the Sonesta)

On the purchase page it says"the last person got the Sonesta" on the purchase page. Does that ever mean anything or should that be ignored?

I'm thinking of jumping on the Hotwire one because of the better defination of the amenities.  Any thoughts before I pull the trigger?

If you use the EASY VIEW link at BiddingHelper.com i think you'll also see a POOL amenity listed for this property:

Resort

Boutique

Oceanfront

Smoke Free

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Spa

My guess for each would be the Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach... the priceline express offer (confirm your dates on the landing page) works out to a dollar cheaper, but you can use whichever service you are more comfortable with (although with PRICELINE EXPRESS you can use the link in my signature, first come first served)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're pleased with the outcome. I haven't looked at the specific Residence Inn in this area, but most of these properties don't have a Restaurant, which would have eliminated that from the possibilities.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]