Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Madison Square Garden - Convention) Yotel - Times Square

travelwise2
By travelwise2,
in

Welcome (officially) to BetterBidding!

I used once this site in Spain...

We're glad to hear the board was helpful to you for your previous trip to Spain, but it's disappointing that this is your first post and you didn't share your previous win with the board. Please begin to share your purchases so that the information can help others, just as you have been helped (and are hoping to be helped) by those who have posted before you.

...would like to stay in Times Square area. Budget is $100 maximum for night. I am looking 3*, 3.5* or 4*.

$100 is not realistic for a hotel near Times Square (and likely not any of Manhattan) for these dates... you will likely either need to increase your budget OR stay outside of Manhattan and commute in daily.

You can start with our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com and search for 1 mile (or 3 miles) from 'Times Square NYC' and see the prices for Manhattan hotels... what is the best option you find?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply and welcome

I saw in the sister MAPS and HOTELS.com that for 11/24-11/26 the hotel prices seem lower. I can easily change the dates.

I prefer to stay near Times Square, prefer bid $100 per night if needed up to $125 is ok, star level 3*, 3.5* or 4* is ok. Priceline zones Times Square, Midtown West and Madison Square Garden

Can you provide a suggested strategy to bid?

I saw in the sister MAPS and HOTELS.com that for 11/24-11/26 the hotel prices seem lower.

It's Thanksgiving week which has a sharp reduction in business travel, which is why rates are lower for these dates. So will you reduce your NYC stay to only two nites?

I prefer to stay near Times Square, prefer bid $100 per night if needed up to $125 is ok, star level 3*, 3.5* or 4* is ok.

Are you willing to pay more for a 4* vs. a 3.5* vs. a 3* OR is the goal the least expensive 3* or better for this stay? What star rating (and maximum) bid did you want to try for first?

You can certainly try, but i think $100 will still be difficult in the three zones that you have selected (and $125 is more realistic but still a low probability of success at the current rates i'm seeing)... but you could likely get a 4* at less than $120/nite in the MTE zone, should this zone (and the hotels within it) be acceptable to you.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, 2 nights in NYC. I am visiting Boston on different dates.

I am willing to add MTE for 4* to try to get a better hotel. Maximum bid is $125 

all areas MTW, Time Square and Madison Square garden and MTE 

If this fails I will try for 3* in TS again. I don't want to be too far from the center.

I will wait for your bidding strategy suggestion to try.

Thanks again for your help

When bidding 4* in NYC you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTW and MTE...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* TS and MSG...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* MTW, TS, MSG...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* MTW, TS, MTE...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* MTW, TS, MSG, MTE...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $117

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I am reporting my bidding win. Thanks to the administrator for the bid strategy!

I  won the 4* Yotel-Times Square

Check in:   11/24/2015

Check out: 11/26/2015

Bid price: $105

number of rooms: 1

number of nights: 2

room subtotal: $210

taxes and fees: $54.20

Total: $264.20

I used the Priceline link you guys linked in my reply of strategy.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a nice deal for this stay and are pleased with the results.

If you should hit cold/wet weather, note that you can go-thru the Port Authority which will take you indoors and access to the subway a bit earlier then walking to Eighth Ave (or use as a cut-thru from Ninth Ave --> Eighth Ave) ;)

I also suggest this place for breakfast one morning (maybe a 10 minute walk from your hotel):

Best Bagels and Coffee

225 W 35th St (b/w Seventh and Eighth Avenues)

--> limited seating but currently one of the best bagels in the city, imo.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]