Hotwire Hotel: Going to a show at the "Chicago Theater" and want to book a room..which neighborhood??

MPSimecek
By MPSimecek,
in

This property falls within PRICELINE's Millennium Park - Loop - Grant Park Area, but there are other factors to consider as to whether or not this zone is 'best' for this trip...

Is the only purpose of this trip to go to the theater or would you also be exploring the city at other times? How much nightlife do you need/want to be near?

What are the dates of your stay and your target star rating and budget? (per nite before fees/taxes)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It really depends on dates, budget, desired star rating and whether you are going to be there for multiple nights and are just seeing the concert one night or is this one night for a show at the Chicago theater.

If this is one night for a show at the Chicago theater, I'd say the Loop-Theater District area or the Millennium Park-Loop-GP area, but I'd use HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS to try and pinpoint a hotel that isn't on the opposite side/end of the zone in question. If you are staying multiple nights and the show is one night, I'd say stay in the River North area and use HOTWIRE to try and find a hotel close to the river. Price/value would also play a factor.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

• 3 weeks later...

THANK YOU!!!

We were going to try for Friday of this week, as we have tickets to a show down there.  However, not sure we want to book.  We only live 1.5 hours away so may try to head home.  We will likely do it that afternoon once we decide, as we head back from Michigan.

I will post if we end up staying, and I will search Milennium Park-Loop if we stay.

I will post if we end up staying...

Please follow-up this thread with whatever you decide to do for this stay (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 months later...

In the end, we decided NOT to spend the night.  It was not Hotwire specific, it was due to a child illness.  We needed to get him home that night to get his meds.  :(  .  I generally DO book from HOTWIRE and use it exclusively for one night stays, but in this case, we could not book .  We waited until the day of and then he got sick, so it was a good call that we didn't book ahead that time. 

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Sorry to hear the overnite needed to be canceled but hopefully nothing too serious with your child.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]