Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Loop - Theater District) Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront

MattK
By MattK,
in

I've used this site a lot in the past so I am very familiar with the bidding strategy although for the weekend I am looking for I have some questions. So this is Halloween weekend but also if the Cubs make it to the World Series games 3-5 would be in Chicago this weekend Fri-Sun. I want to get something booked in case that perfect storm happens. Here are a couple of my issues. I am traveling with 3 people more likely 4. I have almost always used priceline and have never had an issue getting a room with 2 beds. With that being said who know what it might look like if everything falls into place. I may just take the easy way out and use hotwire and be guaranteed a room for 4 people. Also I would prefer to avoid the smaller hotels ie Hotel Felix. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated and this website is awesome.  

Please provide a follow-up for your prior NYC Hotwire hotel thread (post what you decided for that stay within that thread, then reply to this thread and we would be happy to take a look at the above listing.) Also, please provide your desired max budget per night for this stay. With 4 people possible, I'd really rather recommend PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Searching for 4 on Hot.wire, a few highlights:

3.5* Mag Mile-RN $133 w/Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower.

-- Possible match for the Holiday Inn Mart Plaza.

Pros: Brown Line CTA station right nearby, not that far a walk from River North nightlife and restaurants. Some rooms have river view, you might luck out - if not, there's a gorgeous view from the little bar area off to the side of check-in.

Cons: Out of the way in the SW corner of the zone, a trek from Michigan Ave.

4.5* Loop $160 w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly.

-- Possible match for the Wyndham Grand. If the Wyndham Grand, awesome location right near Michigan Ave.

4.5* Mag Mile-RN $185 Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

-- Possible match for the James - excellent reviews. However....

.... not that far above the $185 price point is a $208 five star in the Mag Mile-RN area on PRICELINE EXPRESS w/Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Pets Allowed, Free Internet, Business Center, Fitness Center. The listing does not offer bed choice, so you do risk getting 1 bed.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Searching 4 people I see a 4* - Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower for $128 Any ideas?

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Let us know if any changes to your plans or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

In searching today there is a 4.5* in the Loop - Theater for $101 with the following amenities. Previously you said it was likely the Wyndham Grand.

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower 

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a great deal for this trip and it was the property you were hoping for.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]