Priceline Hotel: HELP: Singapore 5* Orchard Road

jeremy
By jeremy,
in

I'm having similar difficulty to Jeremy in landing the Singapore Marriott on Priceline for an April 2006 stay.

I'm looking for a one-night stay on 4/29/06. My initial bid of $75 was rejected. My rebids of $85 (add 5* Chinatown) and $95 (add 5* East Coast) were also rejected without so much as the hint of a counteroffer. I have one more rebid remaining (add 5* Quayside), but I think I'll try again another day because at much more than $95/night, I probably will have little trouble finding a comparable room in Singapore -- perhaps with other perks such as a free breakfast -- through regular, non-opaque channels.

Any idea why the Marriott has become so difficult to land? And why its Priceline rate has skyrocketed? Not too long ago, I believe some people were successful with $55/night bids.

[incidentally, I am a former, now-banned user of TOBB. I am very happy to switch my loyalties to this much more friendly site!]

Welcome to BetterBidding!

We're glad you (and your loyalties) are here.

Direct rates thru the Marriott website have gone up, so i imagine business may be picking up for them. Remember, the opaque channels are often used to sell excess inventory... when the hotels don't forsee a large number of vacant rooms, they're less likely to offer deeply discount rates (or rooms at all) to the opaque providers.

As well, the Marriott could just be testing the waters of some slightly higher rates well in advance of check-in... i see rates a bit cheaper for some near dates than for your date in April.

If you want to continue a discussion for your own stay please start a NEW TOPIC so that we don't monopolize jeremy's thread. :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]