Priceline Hotel: 4 star hotel in Savannah Historic District

TravelingTara
By TravelingTara,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Is there a way to bid on a 4-star hotel in the Savannah historic district via Priceline and avoid the Westin?

No, you can't bid on or avoid a specific hotel when using PRICE.LINE You have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) you select.

There's also a Priceline.Express deal for $136 for a 4-star historic district hotel with the following amenities listed. Any idea what hotel it might be?

Please post your date(s) for the stay and we'll be happy to take a look at this.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Yellowdog.

Thank you for your help! The dates are Oct. 16-19. I actually determined the $136 deal was the Westin golf resort that's across the river from the actual historic district, because the Terms and Conditions stated that there is a resort fee of something like $22 per day (I could only see that after I clicked on Buy Now). I'm okay with the Westin, but only if I get it for a really good deal. With the Priceline Express deal, it would be around $160 a nite.

I'm going to try bidding/doing name your own price up to $120 today and hope I don't get the Westin. I would be okay with it for $120 a night, though not thrilled. Guess that's the chance one takes!

There is also one 4.5-star property in the Savannah HD. Trying to figure out what it might be.

Thanks again!

Good luck with bidding and please let us know if you have additional questions.

Where are you seeing a 4.5*? PRICELINE EXPRESS or Hot.wire? I'm seeing a 4.5* on PRICELINE EXPRESS, but for $296 and with no amenities.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

The Mansion on Forsyth is the only 4.5* that has been reported to the board in that zone, but there may be others.

Not that any amenities appearing next to a star rating on the PRICELINE bidding page are amenities that are offered at every hotel in the zone of the star rating... not a specific property that you would be bidding on.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Thank you. I'm still looking. Now the dates have moved to Oct. 16-20. Question about PRICELINE EXPRESS... if it says a hotel is, for example, is 4 stars with a ranking of 8 or above, does that generally mean the ranking is 8-9? Or could it be a 9-plus ranked hotel? obviously I know 8 or above could mean 9.2, but I wondered if there's a Priceline strategy to be aware of. Also, good to know re: the bidding site and amenities re: your previous note. Thanks!

I am about to place a bid (using your Price.line bidding link) for a 4 Star Deluxe Hotel, Savannah Historic District - Riverfront Area. The summary of charges is showing a "hotel fee" of $90 for Oct 16-20. Do all Price.line purchases have a "hotel fee," or is it likely this is a resort fee? I know the Westin golf resort (the one hotel I don't want) has a resort fee... does anyone know if are any other 4 star hotels in the Savannah historic district that have a resort fee, or is the Westin most likely the only one? Thank you.

This is a showing that there is a possibility of getting a hotel with a resort-style fee if you bid for that particular star rating/zone.

Please keep us updated on what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Thank you. I used the BetterBidding Priceline link to place a bid for  a 4.5-star hotel in the Savannah historic district from Oct. 16-20. I bid $136 but I was unsuccessful. I bid 4.5 stars because I really don't want the 4-star Westin that's across the river from the main action in Savannah.  I would be willing to go up to $170 a nite for the 4.5 star or any 4-star other than the Westin. Everytime I go to do a Priceline Express or bid for a 4-star, something will show that there's a $22 or so a day "hotel fee" (the explains it's usually a resort fee). That tells me it's the Westin. Any strategy suggestions on bidding? d Any chances prices might start dropping since we're only a couple weeks out at this point? Thank you.

The 'resort fee' shown on the bidding side of PRICELINE is a 'worst case scenario' and they will show you the highest resort fee of any hotels in the zone at the star rating that you're bidding... not the resort fee of a specific hotel that you're bidding on. Should you land a hotel that doesn't charge a resort fee then there is nothing payable directly to the hotel.

On the otherhand any resort fees shown on PRICELINE EXPRESS are for the specific hotel being offered.

As far as your 4.5* bidding i think your bids thus far are substantially far from being successful and at current prices you're likely looking at the mid-$200's (or possibly more) for these dates.

In terms of bidding there is no way to avoid a specific hotel in the zone, so if you're not willing to accept the Westin, then you shouldn't bid the 4 star level (or lower) in this zone... and i am only seeing what i believe to be the Westin on PRICELINE EXPRESS (and HOTWIRE).

While the Westin might not be ideal, would it be worth it for about $135/nite?

You can also search our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com to see if there is anything affordable offered within the part of the zone you'd like to stay (use the filters/sort after your search to easily see properties in the area you'd like to stay)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I can't thank you enough for all of your help. I will definitely use what you taught me to bid on hotels in the future (using the BetterBidding PRICELINE link of course). I ended up bidding $146 for a 4-star or above (knowing I might end up with the Westin), but my bid was still rejected. Ultimately I decided it wasn't worth the risk of going much higher and then having another $90 tacked on for resort fees if we got the Westin. We ended up confirming a very nice apt in the Historic District (with bikes to ride to town and beach gear for Tybee Island) for $200 a night, inclusive of taxes, fees, cleaning, etc. The owner gave me a discount since the rental is in just a couple of weeks. That worked best for us this time given the current hotel rates in the historic district and risk of the Westin, but normally we are more content in hotels. So we will apply your great advice for our next trip. Thank you again--much appreciated.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]