Priceline Hotel: 4* Columbus (Downtown) Hilton Columbus Downtown

mcgervey
By mcgervey,
in

(Booked 8/21/15) Stay now completed.  Needed two rooms.  Bid $90 per room.  Started at 4* and bid $65.  Added areas knowing that only Downtown and Ohio State areas had 4* hotels and based upon my research into those 5-6 hotels in those 2 areas, any of them would have been adequate for our purposes of seeing a concert and hitting the Columbus Zoo for a daddy/daughter weekend.

Added $5 per increment until won at $90.  Likely would have gotten a bit better deal had I waited closer to our stay, but my friend was adamant that we had bookings early, since there was a Taylor Swift concert the night before our stay.

Won @ $90 x 2 rooms, $180 + $41.90 taxes and PL fees for a grand total of $221.90, or abour $111 per room.  Since our booking was a month in advance, and given the quality of this 4* hotel, it was still a good deal.  They gave us a wonderful two rooms in a corner of the hotel as well after discussing and trying to make the birthday trip for one of our girls even better.  We had a fairly private 2 rooms at the end of the hall, with a stairwell as the only neighbor really, and the corner room had amazing floor to ceiling window all the way through the hall way, with extra space at the entry, the other room having 2 floor to ceiling windows.

Wonderful hotel. Lovely pool, beautiful restaurant.  3 years old.

It is $20 to park and $24 for valet parking a day.  I am a Hilton Honors member so got basic WiFi for free.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]