Hotwire Hotel: Downtown Chicago

trs
By trs,
in

I need to ne in Chicago on Sept. 28th for one night and apparently so do a lot of other people. I have been searching for a room for awhile but it has been so expensive. I have even tried bidding on rooms with no luck.

Could you please help me ID this M-rn 4* hotel with these amenities

Free internet

boutique hotel

smoke free rooms

fitness center

restaurants

internet access

spa services

or

M-wt

Pet friendly

boutique hotel

smoke free rooms

fitness center

restaurants

business center

internet access

golf nearby

tennis nearby

spa services

visual access.

hearing access.

access. path of travel

in room access.

access bathroom

access parking

roll in shower.

Any tips you may have for finding a good deal for this date would be great. Thanks!

For the first listing, if you click on the listing, then click "book now", then 'see all amenities', do you see additional amenities beyond the ones noted above?

The second listing would likely be the Public.

Please note prices with listings you are requesting ID help with - thanks.

How high have you already bid on PRICELINE?

Also, are you driving in or flying in? If you are driving in, I'd rather say stay in the 'burbs, take public transit in and save probably $150-200+.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

... and please read your messages (which will also remove the red box at the top of the page and make the board easier to navigate)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

For the first listing, if you click on the listing, then click "book now", then 'see all amenities', do you see additional amenities beyond the ones noted above?

2x

How high have you already bid on PRICELINE?

2x

What would be your maximum budget (before taxes/fees) for this nite?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I did reply to that but for some reason it didn't post. I am driving in but have to go straight to downtown because I am short on time before my event that night and wont have any extra time.

I did list all the amenities as listed for the hotels below as shown in the hotwire easy view link. I would like to stay under or at $300 with all fees but not sure if that's going to happen at this point. I am willing to bid or use hotwire. Not too picky just not big on felix, or Allerton. I just searched again and now see:

M-WT 4* for $274

free internet, boutique hotel, smoke free rooms, fitness center, restaurants, business center, internet access, golf nearby, tennis nearby, access. visual, access hearing, access path of travel, access room, wheelchair, access bathroom, access parking , roll in shower and

pet friendly

M-RN 4* $374

free internet, boutique, smoke free, fitness center, restaurant, business center, internet access, spa, access visual, access hearing, access path of travel, in room access, wheelchair access, access bathroom, roll in shower.

This is all that I see for both options. Thanks!

In the suburbs:

1. Homestead in Evanston (includes free breakfast and free parking) $140, Expedia (please use the site's Expedia link). Evanston is the first city North of the Chicago border. 

There's no way to guarantee a HOTWIRE property in Evanston.  There is a 3* in Evanston-Skokie zone on HOTWIRE for $108 w/Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Tennis, Free Parking, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly.

-- Likely the Holiday Inn North Shore. Not a real great hotel, but right off the Expressway.

If you can stay further North (Glenview/Northbrook/Deerfield), you're looking at less than $100 and potentially even the $60-70 neighborhood.

I know you did say you had to go right downtown, but I hate to see someone have to spend $300+ to stay downtown if there's any way they could avoid it. The Homestead in Evanston is not far at all (walking distance) from both CTA and Metra stations.

----------------

Downtown I'm seeing:

4* Mag Mile-WT $275 Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Tennis, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

-- Likely Public.

When I click on the Mag Mile-RN 4* for $376, I get the message that it's no longer available.

There's a 4* Mag Mile N-WT for $371 w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower

-- Likely Allerton. I'd much rather the potential Public for $275.

Please use the PRICELINE, Expedia and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

The Public is at the very top end of the zone, in the Gold Coast area. It's an easy walk to the very top end of the NMA area. There is a subway station a few blocks away at the Clark/Division intersection. It used to the Ambassador East, which was one of the more famed historic properties in the US. It's a nice property, but for $275 you're not going to feel like you're getting a value at all - but I can say that about a lot of hotels in the city when you get to near or over $300. Unfortunately, there just aren't many options at all in the city for this night; if there is any way you could make the suburbs work,, the savings could certainly be substantial.

Keep in mind if you're driving in you're looking at paying around $25-30+ city taxes in a city lot or probably around $50+ for the night at the hotel for parking, so if you can get a suburban hotel with free parking, that's essentially additional savings.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions before booking.

• 5 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]