Hotwire Hotel: Hilton or Ambassador in MKE? 11/23-11/26

pastoralia
By pastoralia,
in

I'm trying to get the Hilton in Milwaukee for 2 people on November 23-26.

Hotwire has a price of $78 with 4 stars.

The amenities are:

Free Internet

Smoke-free rooms

Fitness center

Restaurant(s)

Business center

Internet access

Accessible for visually impaired

Accessible for hearing impaired

Accessible path of travel-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Accessible parking

Roll-in shower

I'm wondering if this is the Hilton or the Ambassador (which I don't want).

Any suggestions?

Actually I don't see "pet friendly" in this list and both the Hilton and the Ambassador are pet friendly. Maybe it's the Hyatt?

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Vancouver WA Hotwire thread (post what you decided for that stay within that thread, then reply to this thread and we would be happy to take a look at the above listing.)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Vancouver WA Hotwire thread (post what you decided for that stay within that thread, then reply to this thread and we would be happy to take a look at the above listing.)

As per above, you needed to reply to this thread in order to put it back in the queue to have your request reviewed.

The one above is not Hilton... the InterContinental Milwaukee or the Hyatt Regency Milwaukee would be my best guess for this HOTWIRE offer (i can't exclude the Ambassador from the possibilities but i don't think it is likely)

However, why not the 4.5* offer for the same price? (if i were to go out on a limb, i'd think maybe the InterContinental was upgraded to the 4.5* level and is the hotel behind the 4.5* offer... making the Hyatt likely for the 4*, but just a bit of speculation on this scenario)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the update!

I'm still trying for Milwaukee for the same dates...what do you think this one is? It's $90 per night.

Downtown Milwaukee area hotel
4 star  65%
1 Room, 2 Adults, 0 Children
Mon, Nov 23 - Thu, Nov 26
Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Spa services

There's another one on Hotwire that doesn't list any amenities for $95

4.5 stars 70%

(nothing listed)

Any help would be great!

We're traveling with a pet so pet-friendly is a must. I wish Priceline would list pet friendly options.

I'm not seeing any $90 property offered when searching for your dates... nor any 4.5* with no amenities.

Are you still seeing for 2adults/0children? What makes you think the 2nd property would potentially be Pet Friendly... what if our guess is wrong and you end up with a hotel that is not Pet Friendly?

I am seeing this Milwaukee Downtown hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $123/nite with:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Fitness Center

... my guess for this one is the Hilton, but there is one aspect that is giving me a bit of doubt and uncertainty; although if this guess is wrong at least you're assured of a property that can accept your pet.

I'm also seeing this 3.5* Downtown hotel (again, confirm your dates on the landing page) for $86/nite with:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Fitness Center

... this one is likely the Ambassador Hotel, imo.

Either of the above work for your needs and budget?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The mystery hotel with nothing listed for amenities is now $96.

4.5 stars  70%

There's also this one for $59 a night with the following info:

2.5 star 20%

Free breakfast, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Business center, Self-service laundry.

Not sure what this one is.

Thanks for the help.

The problem with the Ambassador is they charge a $50 fee per night for a pet which is absurd. Most hotels would charge $50 for the entire stay.

I'm also not seeing any listings with no amenities when searching for downtown on these dates. If a listing has no amenities, it's difficult to begin to narrow down what it may be.

The 2.5* is a possible match for the Ambassador Inn. Do you really want a listing with a 20% approval rating?

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Thanks for all of your help but I think this time I'm going to have to stay with family (shudder). Maybe it's because it's Thanksgiving week but in the past I was able to snag the Hilton for around $50 through your site. Heck- last year I got the Pfister through your site for less than $60 at Christmas.

Oh well- until next time.

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Let us know if any change... you have nothing to lose by checking last minute to see if anything has dropped in price.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]