Priceline Hotel: 4.5* or better; Times Square, Oct 22-25

DCisHome
By DCisHome,
in

Heading to NYC for a weekend of broadway (we plan to go to a show every night) so we really want to be walking distance of Times Square.  Would like 4.5* or better (mostly to avoid the Sheraton, where we have stayed before & didnt love because of their awful elevators).  What bids would be reasonable?  Also, I saw a 4* in the PRICELINE EXPRESS Deals for $263 - I think it's likely the Night Hotel (guest rating 7+, free internet, fitness center, restaurant, biz center).  What do you think?  Thanks!

Please provide a follow-up for your prior NYC Priceline thread (post in that thread what you decided for that stay), then reply to this thread and we'll be happy to look into the above. Please follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Yellowdog.

Max bid is probably around $315 or so.  I am really only interested in TS.  Just found this on PRICELINE EXPRESS Deals - 4.5* in TS, Guest score 8+, amenities fitness center, biz center, restaurant.  What's appealing is that there's a bed choice, so I can get a King Bed for $323.  Any guesses?  It's a little higher than what I wanted to spend, but might be worth it for a guaranteed King.  Thanks for your help!

Oooh.  Both of those would be pretty great.  I used your links - and there's also a 4* with a 7+ guest rating, biz center, fitness center, restaurant and free internet for $263, which seems like a good deal.  Best guess on this one?  I am struggling a little because I would really like a King bed...  The $323 at 4.5* is the only option with a bed choice & king option.  Do most 4* in TS have king beds?  The $263 keeps us under $1K, which would be AMAZING.  Thanks for your help!  I will definitely close the post when I finally make a decision, but if I keep agonizing, that might be a while.  ;-)

I'm not certain but Hotel Mela Times Square would be a guess.

Sorry but I can't answer if the majority of hotels have king beds.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases. 

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help.

Yellowdog.

Most NYC hotels do have rooms with King beds but at some hotels can be considered an upgrade and cost most then a 'standard' room.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Good luck and let us know what you decide or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the follow-up and closing this thread.

When PRICELINE or HOTWIRE don't work for your needs for a given trip, please book thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com... or thru our Support Page where we have links to most of the major hotel chains and online booking agencies (including the Holiday Inn)

Good to see that you found something that works for you.

Enjoy your stay.

Yellowdog.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]