Priceline Hotel: 3* San Diego (Downtown - Little Italy) Holiday Inn Express San Diego Downtown

Debjapan
By Debjapan,
in

I was very flexible in my bidding areas starting with 4 star hotel in every area except northern San Diego regions and San Ysidro at $50. Tried again with 3.5 stars and still had no luck. Then changed to 3 stars and $47 bid which I still had no luck. Finally rebid with freebie add of San Ysidro and upped my bid to $50 which won.

I then talked to friend who decided to tag along so I needed an extra room. Priceline gave me offer of $99 to rebook. Since was twice my bid, I thought No Way. "Chatted" with online help to see if there was another way to add a room at same bid, but she couldn't do it. Tried to bid, but got message that my bid had already been placed so wouldn't process. Finally I booked second room on PRICELINE EXPRESS at $58. Not bad to solve problem for only $8 extra. 

Immediately I went to Kayak.com to confirm online lowest price offered was $121. In retrospect, the $99 offer from Priceline for the 2nd room would still have been a good deal, but I'm very happy both my rooms were less than one night elsewhere. 

Thank you Betterbidding. I did use the PRICELINE links from here to book my room, as usual.

Congrats on your success. :)

First-rate win for this property and hope you are looking forward to your stay.

If you could post the PRICELINE EXPRESS purchase as a separate thread (and include the amenities that PRICELINE EXPRESS associated with the property and showed before purchase) it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]