Priceline express deal - $128/night

Amenities:

Pets Allowed
    Business Center
    Restaurant

Free Internet
    Indoor or Outdoor Pool
    Fitness Center

The "pets allowed" leads me to believe this is Hyatt Regency Orange County (which I am hoping for).

There are no other express deals listed in this star rating and area.

My question is: if I "name my price" on priceline for the same star rating and area, should I get Hyatt or is it possible I may get Anaheim Marriott (which I do not want)?

Priceline:

Disneyland - Anaheim Convention Center - Garden Grove

Dates: 10/4-10/11

Star rating: 4*

Priceline express deal - $128/night

Amenities:

Pets Allowed
    Business Center
    Restaurant

Free Internet
    Indoor or Outdoor Pool
    Fitness Center

The "pets allowed" leads me to believe this is Hyatt Regency Orange County (which I am hoping for).

There are no other express deals listed in this star rating and area.

My question is: if I "name my price" on priceline for the same star rating and area, should I get Hyatt or is it possible I may get Anaheim Marriott (which I do not want)?

I'm a member, but your question is a frequent one.  If you bid 4* for a particular zone, you can receive ANY 4* or higher within the shaded area of the zone map.  I haven't done any mapping, but if that Marriott is in the zone and at least a 4* it is indeed a possible outcome.

There is both a 4* Marriott, and a 3.5* Marriott Suites in the zone.  If you were bidding 4*, you of course wouldn't get any 3.5*.

Romelle

If you bid for a 4* then you have to be willing to take any 4*. If a hotel is showing on the PRICELINE EXPRESS side, that definitely does not mean that that is necessarily the same hotel you will get if you bid. The 4* PRICELINE EXPRESS has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board.

Please let us know what you decide and if you have additional questions.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Bill,

Nope.

There isn't any necessary connection between PRICELINE EXPRESS deals and the results of NYOP Price.line bidding.  That Marriott would still be a possible bid result, even if it wasn't what was offered on the PE deal.  

There usually is only one PRICELINE EXPRESS deal per star level and zone.  But there can be multiple possible hotels in the Price.line hotel per star level and zone.  

Romelle

I'll add to the above (which may not directly apply to the above but may be applicable to other users in the future who are reading this thread and have a similar question):

1) when bidding on PRICELINE the star rating you choose is the minimum you're willing to accept, so a 4* bid could always be upgraded to a higher rated hotel (so there are more options then just the star rating you're bidding)

2) there are some hotels that may participate on the PRICELINE EXPRESS side of their service but not the NYOP side of their service (and vice-versa)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we will advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]